gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
3037 Posts in 219 Topics by 30 Members - Latest Member: Kodiac April 27, 2024, 02:37:05 am
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | Site | gfx
gfx
Server Admins  |  General Category  |  General Discussion  |  Well, this doesn't sound good!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Well, this doesn't sound good!!!  (Read 8933 times)

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 121.0 Firefox 121.0
Re: Well, this doesn't sound good!!!
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2023, 01:56:44 pm »
I usually see the start of the ads.  But they blink by so fast that it's not a bother at all.

That's the thing. She uses Firefox. But she is so stubborn. If she clicked to accept ads she would not actually see them!

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2024, 09:15:46 pm »
That's the thing. She uses Firefox. But she is so stubborn. If she clicked to accept ads she would not actually see them!

If you click yes to ads while she is not looking and has the adblocker installed, she won't have any more problems.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2024, 02:40:08 pm »

If you click yes to ads while she is not looking and has the adblocker installed, she won't have any more problems.

Tried that but ran into problems I did not have on my own PC or laptop. I would need more time on her computer without her watching me to update the adblocker and see what else is causing any issues. When I said yes then it showed an iframe box in the middle of the youtube video window with adblock in there not loading properly. I do know YouTube has been trying to update their anti-blocking tech even more as even on my Firefox ads were starting to slip through again. No problems however with Firefox on my own computer though. Just the laptop. On the laptop I have been using Edge without any issues.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2024, 09:11:14 pm »
I've not been having any issue with Edge either.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2024, 06:45:26 pm »
Well, seems something may have changed on YouTube again.  FF with adblock plus is working fine but Edge with adblock is stalling hard.  I tried another PC with Edge on it and no adblock installed, but that works fine.  I went back to my PC and I tried disabling adblock on Edge and now it works fine.  So, it seems it's not Edge directly or something wrong with my PC.  It's just YouTube at it again.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2024, 10:44:14 am »
Well, seems something may have changed on YouTube again.  FF with adblock plus is working fine but Edge with adblock is stalling hard.  I tried another PC with Edge on it and no adblock installed, but that works fine.  I went back to my PC and I tried disabling adblock on Edge and now it works fine.  So, it seems it's not Edge directly or something wrong with my PC.  It's just YouTube at it again.

I suspect it is YouTube targeting something in AdBlock for Edge itself (for each browser type AdBlock is a little bit different due to the coding of the particular browser. This is why there is not just one install for all browsers unless it is Windows wide and not browser specific which YouTube would not be able to target. It might have to come to that though as YouTube is not done their fight).

I have noticed the same thing.

Offline One Eyed Wonderweasle

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2024, 07:58:44 pm »
 supposedly it was the adblockers themself, some update they recently put out was not right. I think it has been taken care of but. I think with all Youtube has done lately most would find it hard to believe. 

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2024, 08:09:51 pm »
I didn't see any change in adbock version numbers during that ordeal.  And why was it only effecting Chrome based browsers?  YouTube is trying to say that it wasn't them this time.  But I know it was them just testing the waters.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 122.0 Firefox 122.0
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2024, 10:31:46 pm »
I didn't see any change in adbock version numbers during that ordeal.  And why was it only effecting Chrome based browsers?  YouTube is trying to say that it wasn't them this time.  But I know it was them just testing the waters.

I agree. And YouTube has already been caught doing shady things previously.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2024, 06:26:55 pm »
There has been a bit of buzz going around about all this happening with YouTube.  YouTube is just not generating the ad revenue that they think they should be getting.  And very few are willing to spend the $10 a month for a premium account.  Honestly, with all the benefit's you get with a premium account, the ad free experience is the only one I would get anything from.  And at $10 a month, it's just not worth it.  So, it's getting painfully obvious that YouTube wants adblockers to go away.  But with so many domains out there literally flooding their sites with ads trying to make a little free revenue.  Many of them have a warning popup that instructs you to disable your adblocker/popup blocker to continue browsing.  Sites like those will most certainly deliver the user some malicious code.  It's no wonder why so many people use adblockers.

Offline One Eyed Wonderweasle

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2024, 08:50:25 pm »

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2024, 01:29:38 am »
There has been a bit of buzz going around about all this happening with YouTube.  YouTube is just not generating the ad revenue that they think they should be getting.  And very few are willing to spend the $10 a month for a premium account.  Honestly, with all the benefit's you get with a premium account, the ad free experience is the only one I would get anything from.  And at $10 a month, it's just not worth it.  So, it's getting painfully obvious that YouTube wants adblockers to go away.  But with so many domains out there literally flooding their sites with ads trying to make a little free revenue.  Many of them have a warning popup that instructs you to disable your adblocker/popup blocker to continue browsing.  Sites like those will most certainly deliver the user some malicious code.  It's no wonder why so many people use adblockers.

Because YouTube is so determined and not giving up, I decided to make a whole thread dedicated to YouTube's Shenanigans!  http://www.killerz.dns2go.com/smfbb20/index.php?topic=230.0

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2024, 10:23:59 pm »
Because YouTube is so determined and not giving up, I decided to make a whole thread dedicated to YouTube's Shenanigans!  http://www.killerz.dns2go.com/smfbb20/index.php?topic=230.0

Good idea.  Thanks.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2024, 10:45:37 pm »

I didn't watch this video all the way through.  But there was a TikTok challenge on how to steal a Kia or Hyundai with a USB cord.  It got so unbelievably bad that Hyundia and Kia dealerships flat out stopped repairing theft victims and several major insurance companies blacklisted issuing new policies for them.  I have seen instances where insurance companies have denied theft repair costs or had raised the deductible so high that it would force the customers to pay out of pocket.  Not to mention the dozens, if not thousands of people injured or killed stealing these cars.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2024, 12:17:13 am »

I didn't watch this video all the way through.  But there was a TikTok challenge on how to steal a Kia or Hyundai with a USB cord.  It got so unbelievably bad that Hyundia and Kia dealerships flat out stopped repairing theft victims and several major insurance companies blacklisted issuing new policies for them.  I have seen instances where insurance companies have denied theft repair costs or had raised the deductible so high that it would force the customers to pay out of pocket.  Not to mention the dozens, if not thousands of people injured or killed stealing these cars.

Wow that is absolutely INSANE!

Server Admins  |  General Category  |  General Discussion  |  Well, this doesn't sound good!!!

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Copyright © 2000-2024 Server Admins All Rights Reserved.
Page created in 0.223 seconds with 15 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx