gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
3048 Posts in 221 Topics by 30 Members - Latest Member: Kodiac April 29, 2024, 02:31:16 pm
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | Site | gfx
gfx
Server Admins  |  Server Issues  |  Server Announcments  |  Our own 7 Days 2 Die server
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Our own 7 Days 2 Die server  (Read 9233 times)

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 🇨🇦 🤦🏽‍♀️💣💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 121.0 Firefox 121.0
Re: Our own 7 Days 2 Die server
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2023, 01:02:07 pm »
Nice! And no reset of the server so I can keep building while enjoying these new mods?

Yup.  You can keep building.  And since you have admin, you can also learn how to save your work for a potential future POI if you want.

Which is nice and exciting :)

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2023, 11:56:06 pm »
I found a bug in the trader mechanic base last night.  He kept falling through the world.  I thought it was just a server glitch at first but tested again on my private server and it happened there too.  So, I found a fix for it so it can't happen again.  I also made some changes to his base so that ALL vehicles that are available in the BDub Vehicles mod are now on display.  Even re-arranged a number of them.  Including putting one car on a lift and the plane is on a pedestal on the top floor.   It now also has a custom billboard out front and added some lighting to it.

These changes probably won't show until the next reset.  But I have a few more new POI's to roll out in the next reset too.  Including 2 new Castles, a Church and a house or 2 if I can get them to load in.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 🇨🇦 🤦🏽‍♀️💣💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2023, 01:58:00 pm »
I found a bug in the trader mechanic base last night.  He kept falling through the world.  I thought it was just a server glitch at first but tested again on my private server and it happened there too.  So, I found a fix for it so it can't happen again.  I also made some changes to his base so that ALL vehicles that are available in the BDub Vehicles mod are now on display.  Even re-arranged a number of them.  Including putting one car on a lift and the plane is on a pedestal on the top floor.   It now also has a custom billboard out front and added some lighting to it.

These changes probably won't show until the next reset.  But I have a few more new POI's to roll out in the next reset too.  Including 2 new Castles, a Church and a house or 2 if I can get them to load in.

Oooh a Church! I would love to see that!

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2024, 07:56:53 pm »
Work continues on BDub Vehicles mod.  Farther refinements to the POI itself.  Moved some stuff around to make space for other variants of 2 vehicles.  The Jeep and Humvee have both a topless and hard top version.  Also added and tweaked some filler and paint for more ambiance.  Way too many changes to list.

The following changes you should see now....

Fixed trader ID system (or at least, trying to).  Trying to eliminate Trader Joel auto place marker duplication when visiting Trader Mechanic.
Fixed missing trader mechanic icon in the dev menu.  Should now show as the Military Commando Mannequin.
Fixed Golf Club weapon.  You can now craft it after unlocking "Batterup" and should follow normal progression under "PummelPete" perk points.

Also have 3 new mods slated for next reset.
Boating mod  Adds 2 new boats to the game.  A flat bottom boat and an air filled Dingy.
Light Saber mod  You can be a Jedi knight to slay zombies.  Has cool custom sounds and animations.  Emits a dim glow to light a dark room.  It's a very powerful weapon.
Recipe Tracker mod  A better version of the default recipe tracker, but with larger icons and names of items required.

I will post them here and they will also be in the updated mod pack.  Clients WILL need to install these.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 11:01:49 pm by Sandman[SA] »

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 🇨🇦 🤦🏽‍♀️💣💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2024, 02:37:40 pm »
Oh nice! I know you were telling me that the golf club should do something instead of just being a thing that is useless when looted. :)

The recipe one will be nice and excited about the future of the boating one. Can explore more and see just how much use a boat can be in the game ;)

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2024, 07:32:11 pm »
You were able to craft a golf club before.  There was a recipe for it.  But it had no progression.  So, you could only craft a tier 1 weapon no matter what.  That's fixed now.  I learned how to do that when I ran into the same situation with the light saber that I plan to add soon.  It works the same way, only with different perks.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 🇨🇦 🤦🏽‍♀️💣💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2024, 01:57:45 am »
You were able to craft a golf club before.  There was a recipe for it.  But it had no progression.  So, you could only craft a tier 1 weapon no matter what.  That's fixed now.  I learned how to do that when I ran into the same situation with the light saber that I plan to add soon.  It works the same way, only with different perks.

Ah okay! I didn't even think the golf club had tier 1 before. More like no tier. Did not have a colour at all. So it does now?

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2024, 04:33:35 pm »
Ah okay! I didn't even think the golf club had tier 1 before. More like no tier. Did not have a colour at all. So it does now?

It did have a tier level of 1 (brown) before.  And you could craft it.  But you couldn't progress it.  Now you can progress it and it's even working with the craft tier 6 mod that adds one mod slot per tier level, up to tier 6.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2024, 10:50:50 pm »
I started a new test platform to try out the revised trader mechanic.  His base looks great, and he works exactly as intended.  He won't send you on any missions, this is by design.  But I can make him sell anything that the other traders do.  In fact, he shares a lot of what he currently sells with trader bob and hugh.  His auto placemark is "The Mechanic" and only his.  Finally!  That's been an issue ever since A20 when the devs introduced that feature.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 🇨🇦 🤦🏽‍♀️💣💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2024, 10:48:52 am »
I started a new test platform to try out the revised trader mechanic.  His base looks great, and he works exactly as intended.  He won't send you on any missions, this is by design.  But I can make him sell anything that the other traders do.  In fact, he shares a lot of what he currently sells with trader bob and hugh.  His auto placemark is "The Mechanic" and only his.  Finally!  That's been an issue ever since A20 when the devs introduced that feature.

Well that sounds great! :)  :tup:

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2024, 12:13:58 am »
I think I just accidently found a issue with this game engine.  There seems to be a limit to complex shapes in a given area.  Exceeding said limit can cause entitles to glitch out of your field of view.  I just found this while editing the mechanic trader base again.  And noticed when you do see an entity drop from your POV, the console starts flooding with warnings that mesh files can't be found.  All those vehicles I have on display are pushing that limit.  it appears that I need to reduce how many complex shapes I can use in a particular zone.   So, some filler items will have to be removed or relocated.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 🇨🇦 🤦🏽‍♀️💣💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 122.0 Firefox 122.0
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2024, 10:20:38 pm »
AH ok

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2024, 01:30:34 am »
This weekend I am planning to do a server reset.  I hope to get a custom map loaded in.  But will include some new mods that must be installed on both client and server side.  As well as some new custom POI's.  Now the new POI's have been reconfigured as a mod for a reason.  I am not sure when this will happen, but the devs do intend mandate this for random gen creation in future patches.  I'm just trying to stay ahead of that curve. 

New mods list.....
BdubsVehicles.  It's already on the server, but what is in the patch contains a number of fixes to the trader and the golf club weapon and huge changes to his POI.
Boat Modlet V7.  Adds 2 new craftable boats to the game.  Dingy and flat bottom boat.
Modded POIs.  As described earlier.  There are 15 customized POI's in this pack.  All made to work seamlessly in A21.2 random gen.
Nugs Lazersword.  Adds a craftable Jedi light saber to the game.  Has cool custom sounds and it glows in the dark.  It's very powerful against zombies and animals.
Ramos Recipe tracker.  Changes the way the crafting tracker system looks and works.
Ramos Zombie tracker.  Adds zombie tracking as a new perk.  It's just like the animal tracker perk.  Only you can track zombies now too.

Here is the patch.  newmods.rar  The main download pack will be updated once the server gets reset.

You can install the new stuff and still play on the server, even if it's not yet been reset.  You will see all the new goodies once the server is updated.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 🇨🇦 🤦🏽‍♀️💣💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 122.0 Firefox 122.0
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2024, 12:39:11 am »
Can't wait to check it out!

Another mod I thought of is .. have you thought of how the day night transition looks crap? I know you are about realism.

What about this?

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/133

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2024, 09:25:36 pm »
That was an awesome mod!  Unfortunately, it's for A17 and not compatible with A21.2.

By the way, I have noticed a bug that crept in to the mechanic trader.  He kicks you out at 22:00 hours on horde night only.  Any other day he won't.  I'm trying to figure that out.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 09:29:28 pm by Sandman[SA] »

Server Admins  |  Server Issues  |  Server Announcments  |  Our own 7 Days 2 Die server

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Copyright © 2000-2024 Server Admins All Rights Reserved.
Page created in 0.292 seconds with 16 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx