gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
2976 Posts in 217 Topics by 29 Members - Latest Member: Frosty[SA] March 28, 2024, 01:57:08 pm
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | Site | gfx
gfx
Server Admins  |  General Category  |  General Discussion  |  KT got a kidney transplant !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: KT got a kidney transplant !  (Read 3044 times)

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge
    • The Server Admins
Re: KT got a kidney transplant !
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2021, 01:24:39 am »
You didn't mention that you had to take that much.  WOW!  But yeah, I can see how you would be so grumpy.  And thus the name "kaboom" is re-awoken.  lol

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 85.0 Firefox 85.0
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2021, 04:35:32 am »
You didn't mention that you had to take that much.  WOW!  But yeah, I can see how you would be so grumpy.  And thus the name "kaboom" is re-awoken.  lol

I ended up in the ER yesterday all day. Many tests run and this morning I am going back to London hospital. Will keep you updated.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2021, 12:09:01 am »
I hope everything is going well?

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 85.0 Firefox 85.0
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2021, 09:23:15 am »
I hope everything is going well?

TL;DR (means too long; didn't read - in other words this is the short version or summary which is usually put at the bottom but I like to put it at the top so you don't have to scroll as far):

Kidney is working. Breathing is not so good thanks to enlarged Lymph Nodes. Will find out more by next week. I am stressed about my lack of energy and extremely swollen feet and poor sleep and trouble breathing and inability to do a lot yet. I feel like an invalid and need a lot of help but with COVID-19 Pandemic and my city being still in lock down it is hard to get any help unless I accept my pushy, judgmental mom into my home pushing me beyond what I am capable of doing at this point in time. Even putting something into the oven, the standing makes my lower back hurt so bad I can barely stand up straight. Hard to do dishes when you can't stand at the sink long enough to wash more that 1 item.

Long version:

Seems they saw something in my lungs ... I have very enlarged Lymph nodes which are causing me to have a difficult time with breathing and could also be the cause of when I stop breathing while sleeping (called Sleep Apnea). I had a Nuclear Medicine test done that showed the Lymph Nodes and will be going for a CT scan at the local hospital this Friday at 6:40 in the morning. I had just went to the transplant hospital yesterday and my kidney is doing fine but the doc never emailed me the blood results like he said he was going to. I have severe swelling in my feet so it hurts for me to walk and annual inspection is coming up in a week for my apartment so I will have to have OneEyed come over and help me get ready. I have no help other than him unless I allow my mom in which I don't want to. She is too intrusive and opinionated and feels that gaming is the devil's way to take up all my time so I don't focus on prayer and I don't feel like getting stressed out by her judging me. When I am on my feet my lower back gets a very sharp pain so I can't do much and when I am sitting my feet swell real bad so really I am only comfortable in bed anymore. Sometimes I wonder if getting this kidney was a mistake. After all this one came with a lot of diseases that the donor had even though I am on a lot of meds to treat them. I get the impression that the donor who died was a drug addict and a prostitute. They don't tell you anything about the donor but the way they were talking about how the kidney was diseased and the lifestyle of the donor ... gave me that impression. The docs still don't know why my lymph nodes in my chest are so huge but say that usually means infection. Great... and when I am on such high doses of immune suppressing meds. Great timing. As it is, so far I felt better while on dialysis than I do now. Everyone says just give it time and relax and take it easy but then I have my mom telling me I have to get moving and do stuff and can't keep living like this and I have another friend named Chris who is trying to tell me to take the stairs up and down when I can barely move my legs and am likely to fall down the stairs injuring my new kidney since they put it in the front for easier access for tests. I have to take it easy but some people just do not understand. This transplant is not like the others .... it works, sure, but I seem to have other health issues developing now that are really holding me back from living a normal life now. If I leave my apartment and take out garbage or do laundry or even just go to the store I am huffing and puffing and need to sit down everywhere which isn't feasible when because of Covid-19 they have taken away all the chairs to sit on and there are line ups for all the stores and bathrooms are locked at most places (except Walmart) and the docs give me more of the med that makes you have to pee very often. Right now because of the Pandemic it is safer for me to just remain home. So I sleep a lot with my feet up .... hoping the swelling will go down and that my life will once again return to normal. If I vent to my mom she goes on about how Jesus went through so much more and He didn't complain and that I should just offer up my pains to those less fortunate than me. As it is I am very independent where I don't want her help and want to drive and get things done (docs said I can't drive til I am fully healed but at least in a car I am sitting). When I was in the ER they put me on oxygen because when I fell asleep there my oxygen dropped too low (damn Sleep Apnea) but I don't have oxygen at home so I have to sleep propped up with a lot of pillows or in a chair instead. I stopped using my BiPAP machine because it isn't helping and I wake up MORE often unable to breathe even with the machine. Sleeping sitting up at least I have control on the air going in and out of me instead of a machine doing that for me. The CPAP I was on blew air in but the BiPAP blows both ways which was only making me hold my breath in my sleep without meaning to. Because of my poor sleep I fall asleep everywhere. The only good thing with the transplant is I have not been sleep walking but actually sleeping longer laying down in bed. So no more falling into things like my desk or my walls. Which reminds me .. I have to patch that wall before inspection on the 22nd. At least this new apt manager gives more notice than the old one. The old one used to only give a day to 2. So I guess I am lucky this time.

Server Admins  |  General Category  |  General Discussion  |  KT got a kidney transplant !

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Copyright © 2000-2024 Server Admins All Rights Reserved.
Page created in 2.671 seconds with 16 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx