gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
2976 Posts in 217 Topics by 29 Members - Latest Member: Frosty[SA] March 28, 2024, 10:43:21 am
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | Site | gfx
gfx
Server Admins  |  General Category  |  Geek / Games Discussion  |  Baldur's Gate 3 Game
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Baldur's Gate 3 Game  (Read 1507 times)

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Opera 102.0.0.0 Opera 102.0.0.0
Baldur's Gate 3 Game
« on: October 20, 2023, 07:43:41 pm »
I am really liking Baldur's Gate 3. It is similar to Diablo and Path of Exile except that it does not have to be camera down and can zoom in. I forget who originally got me into Baldur's Gate 1 back in the 90s. Could have been Jason who first got me into gaming. We played Counter Strike and Unreal Tournament back then as well, when we all lived together in the subdivision that Dave lives in. What I loved about Baldur's Gate was how the characters either like or dislike your choices and will randomly talk while you are walking to the next place in game. I also love how in Baldur's Gate 3 the character's facial expressions are so impressive, and you can design your custom character, and I love that in games. There is so much story and lore.

It is so popular right now that I don't see it coming down in price any time soon.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge
    • The Server Admins
Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Game
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 10:24:26 pm »
Wow!  I didn't realize that the recommended system specs were so high.  Your "new" system is just skating in under that too.  Yikes!

I do have an 8700K here, but you can't use a stock cooler on it.  It would require a decent tower cooler or water cooling to keep the temps in check.  Plus, it's been de-lidded and I never glued the IHS back on.  And, I have a XFX RX 5700 XT FE card.  But that has a full cover water block on it.  I do still have the factory blower style cooler for it.  But it's very loud and I think you would prefer to hear the game.  Not a jet engine.  lol.

Offline One Eyed Wonderweasle

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 118.0 Firefox 118.0
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 01:55:44 am »
 If you wanted to send down the 8700k and the heat spreader she's only got a 360 chipset so I wasn't going to overclock the chip. but yeah 150 watts isn't easy to air cool. I might have to gimp it slightly, her video card is already the recommended.
 But I think she's ok with her performance in the game.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 02:07:51 am by One Eyed Wonderweasle »

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023, 02:34:57 am »
Eh, I might consider it if she got a better case.  I know she loves the aesthetics of her current case, but it's just not very well suited for the size of and cooling demands of current tech.

Besides.  Like you already made note of, her current hardware should be able to provide a decent enough gaming experience as is for a few more years.

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 118.0 Firefox 118.0
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2023, 06:19:15 pm »
 I've been trying to grab her a used case but I haven't seen as many up for sale or of good enough design in the last year.
Maybe next year will be better for that. 

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2023, 06:52:10 pm »
I guess we can colab on picking out some new cases and let's see what she likes.

Here are a couple of sub $75 options.  All are suited for an M-ATX mainboard and have room for a 240mm AIO.
Corsair 3000D Airflow  Has 2 color options.
Fractal Design Focus G  Comes in 5 colors.  Has 2, 5 1/4 drive bays
Montech AIR 100 ARGB  Comes with 4 RGB fans

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2023, 01:04:37 am »
Anyway, getting back on subject, I just saw this. 

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 119.0 Firefox 119.0
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2023, 09:22:06 am »
 About the cases, prices are close to double in Canada(between exchange rates and higher taxes), a lot of computer stuff you can get cheap, we have to pay more for.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2023, 01:06:13 am »
About the cases, prices are close to double in Canada(between exchange rates and higher taxes), a lot of computer stuff you can get cheap, we have to pay more for.

Yeah, I know.  I am always rudely reminded of just how bad Canadian prices are compared to the US.  But I'm thinking that we should start another thread on the computer case option, so we don't keep going off topic here.

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 119.0 Firefox 119.0
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2023, 10:05:44 pm »
 Might be a good idea.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2023, 08:44:13 am »
Anyway, getting back on subject, I just saw this. 

Wow I hadn't watched an Angry Joe vid in awhile now (even was in a Guild Wars 2 Angry Joe (AA for Angry Army) guild but he doesn't evne play that anymore).

Ha the fire .. they had to have each of the 4 characters go in separate locations and drop flammable barrels. lol

Ya .... I completely understand that squirrel and bear reference when it comes to the game but hasn't yet seen it in game myself personally:

I did hear this though but did not answer the door as I did not feel like getting into a battle with something that made THAT much noise. I had NO idea what it was until I saw on YouTube.

What did they see?
Spoiler (hover to show)

One thing I Noticed about the Baldur's Gate 3 game (that I think Dave would LOVE but I am not so fond of personally) is how horny all the characters are lol and that there is nudity.

I guess due to a low threshold for team character liking you, there was a "bug" where they were too horny. Honestly I feel they still are but that is just me.

For example, there is this alien girl from the race Githyanki who always has an attitude with everyone and is very straight forward like you would imagine a serious army sergeant being but without any yelling or forcing you to do any push ups. Then suddenly after a battle she is so impressed with me that she starts coming on to me so suddenly I was taken aback. She wanted to do me right that night and I didn't even know she even liked me lol (plus I am not into girls but so far she was the only one who liked me that much). People were saying that the guy Gale was like that too but even though the same conversation came up for me about magic and how it can make people feel warm and safe and close, he was not as up front and was more based on how I responded.

Then I found a write up about it from 2 point of views. One that thinks they are too horny and another who loves how horny they are and that they are pansexual so you can romance any of them you wish.

For me, I don't play games for romance but love the lore, story progression, character facial expressions which are so realistic, and the choice of which path to take to lead to different events.

Baldur's Gate 3 is the horniest RPG I've ever played and honestly it's a bit much

Turns out Baldur's Gate 3's companions weren't supposed to be such horndogs: "It was a bug"

Baldur's Gate 3 is the horniest RPG I've ever played and I love it

This is the first one who came onto me in this game and I was like WHAT?!?!?!?!

Others I have not gotten that others have:

Astarian is a Vampire Slave (meaning not a full Vampire) and from the conversations it seems the girl has Dark Urges to kill because she is the spawn of Baal).:

All Character Banter:

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2023, 11:55:31 am »
This was funny

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2023, 04:27:22 pm »
Looking at the cost of Baldur's Gate 3 available to Canadians because I REALLY think Dave would LOVE this game from the type of games I have seen he likes to play.

CA$79.99 on Steam

CA$79.99 on GoG

And as you can see, since it was only released 4 months ago, there are no discounts on the game yet.

Looking on Steam for any prices changes, it has been consistently at $79.99 for Canadians.

Server Admins  |  General Category  |  Geek / Games Discussion  |  Baldur's Gate 3 Game

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Copyright © 2000-2024 Server Admins All Rights Reserved.
Page created in 6.119 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx