gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
2977 Posts in 217 Topics by 29 Members - Latest Member: Frosty[SA] March 28, 2024, 07:16:57 pm
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | Site | gfx
gfx
Server Admins  |  General Category  |  General Discussion  |  Kidney Walk Sept 22nd
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Kidney Walk Sept 22nd  (Read 1970 times)

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 23.0 Firefox 23.0
Kidney Walk Sept 22nd
« on: September 06, 2013, 02:48:32 am »
I thought I would post since my walk is only 15 days away (on Sept 22nd) and I am only 7% the way to my goal.

Anyway I can't believe how fast time flies! I have been so busy that I haven't spread the word like previous years.

Anyway I am walking at my Kidney Walk celebrating now 6 years with my new kidney. I will be walking Sept 22nd in the morning. If I raise $100 I get a shirt and breakfast! Woohoo! Yeah .. they decided only in the last month not to include breakfast unless that much is raised. I predict a backlash so I told them at the walk meeting to be flexible this year and in form people for next year's walk.

Anyway I am kinda nervous because I am a team leader and so far my team is not doing very well. I hope it will pick up. But there are a lot of things I wanted to do ... like get into better shape for walking 5 k ;) I cannot believe it is already September! I mean .. WHERE did the year go??? Am I the only one who thinks it went by way too fast?

Okay so here it is instead of me going on with nothing to say :D

KT's Kidney Walk
Sept 22nd, 2013
Online donations: Katie's Kidney Walk link
(Deadline is Sept 19th for online donations).

If you happen to be in Southwestern Ontario, Canada ..  I invite you to walk with me! ;) I would love to have more than a couple people with me hehe.

Wish me luck!  :)

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 10.0 MS Internet Explorer 10.0
    • The Server Admins
Re: Kidney Walk Sept 22nd
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 05:34:22 pm »
Did they ever decide to take on PayPal?  I'm trying not to use my CC anymore so I can pay down the balance a little faster.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 23.0 Firefox 23.0
Re: Kidney Walk Sept 22nd
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 06:08:36 pm »
Did they ever decide to take on PayPal?  I'm trying not to use my CC anymore so I can pay down the balance a little faster.

Nope. My area's office keeps saying they will suggest it and all to consider it for the next year but now 2 years has gone by and with the track record of how my city gets things done I think I will have to go over their heads and suggest it to the main office in Toronto.

But Sandman, if you wanted to pay by PayPal you can pay to mine and then I can take it out into my bank and then put it into a cash donation. I record that on the walk page and give them the cash at the walk. However because paypal takes a few days to put it into the bank account you couldn't wait last min. Donations only count toward incentives if donated by the 19th of Sept.

A little inside info ;) ... I feel the Kidney Foundation should tell people the cut off donation date but because they technically DO still accept donations for the walk even AFTER the walk they don't. The reason I feel they should however is because last year I got donations on the Sat (the day before the walk) but the Kidney Foundation stopped counting the online ones Friday morning because they close early on Fridays and are not open on weekends.  So I went to the walk with about $500 last year (yeah I was doing TONNES better than this year where I barely got $100 and had to lower my goal because of how little I was bringing in this year) which meant that I qualified for a higher incentive (at the $500 mark) but because it was donated after they counted the online ones I only had $400 and something .. which totally sucked :(  I missed out on a chance to win an iPod lol (actually I forget what it was last year but this year it is an iPod I believe .. and not everyone gets it. It is a ticket to win that you get).

I think they have no clue what kind of incentives walkers want. They don't want expensive things like that ...  if they raise that much it is because they really CARE about the cause and so most likely any incentive they would be interested in would be something walk related to show what they walked for. The Kidney Foundation of Canada so far has not gotten this yet..  That is why people complain about needing to raise $100 just for a shirt. The Kidney FOundation argues that it isn't for a shirt but for a cause. They keep missing the point. They know it is for a cause but when they walk they want people to actually realize they are walking for a cause and what that cause it and to bring more awareness to it.  But now there is talk that for next year you won't even get breakfast unless you raise that much as well as there might not be shirts one day but some other items. So we are trying to tell them that what ever this "new item" is should show visibility for the cause.

Yeah I have a lot of frustration with them  .. but this year with less donations to my cause I am also feeling frustrated over all. :(   This will be the 6th year with this kidney that should not have lasted past 5 years and at first looked like it was never going to work. This walk is VERY important to me.

Server Admins  |  General Category  |  General Discussion  |  Kidney Walk Sept 22nd

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Copyright © 2000-2024 Server Admins All Rights Reserved.
Page created in 0.265 seconds with 16 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx