gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
3037 Posts in 219 Topics by 30 Members - Latest Member: Kodiac April 27, 2024, 10:12:02 am
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | Site | gfx
gfx
Server Admins  |  General Category  |  General Discussion  |  Well, this doesn't sound good!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Well, this doesn't sound good!!!  (Read 9063 times)

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Opera 102.0.0.0 Opera 102.0.0.0
Re: Well, this doesn't sound good!!!
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2023, 05:27:53 pm »
Well heck I am the one with an OBD2 scan tool :P but Shawn did borrow it once. My dad has his own. But mine was bought about a decade ago so ...

I am left to assume that you have one of those budget OBD code readers that can only access the PCM or ECM?  Powertrain Control Module or Engine Control Module.  Those are perfectly suited for the average DIY'er that wants to see firsthand why the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light or more commonly called a check engine light) is on.  And possibly try to fix it themselves.  Or at least have a rough idea of what they may be facing when they bring it to a shop for repair.  Good for you Angie.  I'm proud of you!

But what I was referring to was a more in-depth scan tool.  Something that can access every module in the vehicle.  Read codes, delete codes, read live data.  And even program some modules.  Unfortunately, scan tools like that cost hundreds to even thousands of dollars.  And for the persons that like to work on their own cars, these are a must have tool.  I am shocked and amazed that neither of your brothers have one.

ECM modual. Yes.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Opera 102.0.0.0 Opera 102.0.0.0
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2023, 05:30:52 pm »
Ok, I think that got of the original topic. but more not great news. He's not just talking about Youtube.

Is old now. They are already doing that. I am so tired of the 1 and a half minute ads youtube has put on YouTube and now that my adblocker isn't working against it I am getting even more of them. With MalwareBytes at least there are less but you still get those 1 and a half min ones at the start. :( I was forced to have to allow them some info on me just to get more geared to what I like ads because I was getting majorly bombared with pot and gambling ads! Like over and over again extremely repetitively!  >:[> :flamemad: <:-----:> :salute:

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2023, 01:57:28 am »
Here comes some more news.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 120.0 Firefox 120.0
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2023, 11:57:43 am »
Oh wow, I didn't even really notice this.  I though it was just network lag.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2023, 08:40:54 pm »
Here comes some more news.

On top of what the video covered, some security also has adblock so when you disable adblock in the browser and any browser plugins / addons the youtube platform may still detect you are using an adblock and still refuse to show you the video or any video. Another reason many are leaving. Not only that but subscriber counts are dropping as YouTube is pissing them off meaning this is also having a negative effect on those who run channels and pay for their payment tier. Plus in other countries that $13.99 per month is more as it is USD and with the economy today that can be hard to afford. On top of that the ads are so often it is more than TV commercials. At least on TV there is some variety where as I felt every single ad was about pot and gambling. This is very annoying. If they want ads to entice people and not be blocked don't show the same ones over and over and over and over again which will only piss people off. It is worse than an annoying kid saying your name over and over and over again while tugging on your clothes but you not having the ability to tell them to stop, or ask what will get them to stop.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2023, 09:18:39 pm »
Oh wow, I didn't even really notice this.  I though it was just network lag.

That is pretty underhanded what YouTube has done to Firefox and yes that would be illegal. They are not supposed to inhibit in any way any other browser. Guess they thought they would never be found out about it. However, that would warrant more investigation to prove it is targetting only certain browsers and is not something else in the individual browser that is also causing the slowdown. In Brave it seems to do the same thing as Firefox except that when it starts and then stops like in the video it doesn't show the adblock notice or any ads but instead just puts it in a perpetual pause mode that you cannot get out of.

Part of the reason I hadn't used Firefox lately but did not know the cause of those slowdowns when it came to YouTube. You both know I LOVE Firefox and was surprised when BOTH of you started using it when you were both hard core IE users for the longest time.

Currently using Brave but when I tried Ublock it caused YouTube to not play at all leading me to believe that YouTube became aware of Ublock being one of those really good at blocking the YouTube ads. From what I know of coding it would appear that in Brave at least they have put an overlay that loads after that first second and then you can't click on anything. Perhaps that overlay was supposed to be the black box saying to allow ads but with Ublock you don't see the black box but just can't click on anything. The clear overlay is obviously still in place.

I will still have to investigate but I believe AdBlock has a feature you can click on certain aspects of the page to block certain elements as well.

Okay just tested it and I was correct and now can play YouTube without ads again.

However, I blocked the overlay, NOT the proper culprit script. Maybe you can help me pinpoint the correct one so I am inadvertently blocking other function such as scrolling.

Also to only gets ONLY ads that you don't mind seeing: https://myadcenter.google.com/customize

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2023, 10:44:38 pm »
What version of adblock plus are you using on firefox?  Mine doesn't look anything like that.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2023, 06:45:52 pm »
What version of adblock plus are you using on firefox?  Mine doesn't look anything like that.
Version number 3.21

https://adblockplus.org/

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2023, 01:25:18 am »
That's strange.  I have the same plugin but mine is version 3.17.1.  It says it's up to date.

Offline One Eyed Wonderweasle

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2023, 07:22:51 pm »
I have same as Sandman.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2023, 09:40:11 pm »
I have same as Sandman.

Are you having issues with it on YouTube?  Other than it was stalling to load videos for me a little while ago, it still works as intended with no red flags.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 121.0 Firefox 121.0
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2023, 05:11:33 am »
Adblock did update a few times now and I get the same. Some pauses at the start of video play as ads try to pop up but so far it is doing good. Seems to work best on Firefox and MS Edge I am finding. When I feel better I will have to get it working on my mom's. She uses Firefox but I don't know what she did as YouTube blocked her.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2023, 01:05:31 am »
They blocked her?  I hope it's not permanent.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 121.0 Firefox 121.0
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2023, 01:03:48 pm »
They blocked her?  I hope it's not permanent.

I watched her the other day. She REFUSES to click the allow ads so of course it goes to 3 videos until you are blocked and then she gets blocked. She does it to herself because of her stubbornness she has out of fear. I think my brother LJ is the reason for her fear. She is always afraid to letting them have control over her computer. I can't get through to her to just allow and then adblock updates and we don't see the ads anyway. Her own stubbornness gets in the way but you know what that is like. ;)

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2023, 02:21:30 am »
I usually see the start of the ads.  But they blink by so fast that it's not a bother at all.

Server Admins  |  General Category  |  General Discussion  |  Well, this doesn't sound good!!!

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Copyright © 2000-2024 Server Admins All Rights Reserved.
Page created in 0.27 seconds with 18 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx