gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
3030 Posts in 218 Topics by 30 Members - Latest Member: Kodiac April 18, 2024, 02:12:40 pm
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | Site | gfx
gfx
Server Admins  |  Server Issues  |  Server Announcments  |  Our own 7 Days 2 Die server
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Our own 7 Days 2 Die server  (Read 7496 times)

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge
    • The Server Admins
Re: Our own 7 Days 2 Die server
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2024, 10:37:23 pm »
I still haven't figured out why the mechanic kicks you out on horde night yet.  But I have found a work around if you get the mechanic as part of a quest.  There is now a trader Joel in the tent behind the mechanic to help complete the starter quests and opening trade route quests.  He can be used as a normal trader too.

I have also fixed 1 of 2 POI's that fail to spawn in RGW "Random Gen World".  That one didn't meet the tile size criteria.  Which is as follows...

These are by block sizes.
Very small = 25 x 25
Small = 42 x 42
Medium = 60 x 60
Large = 100 x 100
Xtra large = 120+ x 120+

My modern house POI was 44 x 28   :duh:

The other is an arcade that is 25 x 25.  But can't spawn in the zone I assigned it to.  I assume that Commercial, Industrial, City and Downtown all require POI's of small and up.  It looks like I will need to give it a parking lot or something.   ::)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 10:46:11 pm by Sandman[SA] »

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2024, 09:41:07 pm »
I have been working feverishly trying to fix all the random custom POI placement issues.  Issues such as, not landing in zones I want them to place.  Or not place correctly in a tile.  As in, sits off centered in the tile and is too close or too far away from the roadway.  (See my previous post.  Precise prefab sizes make the difference.)  Or just rotated in the wrong direction.  I have also learned how to use add-in prefabs and driveways.  Including how to make roads in random gen connect to massive POI's that sit outside a city, in the wilderness.  Even learned how to make mesh files.  These are low poly copies of POIs that you see from a distance.  I have learned a lot.

I have had to resize a number of custom POI's to get them to place perfectly and learned a bit more about zoning rules so I can get a POI to land in a particular zone.  Most of the custom POI's got a bit of a make-over as well.  Some are more obvious than others.  It's all about aesthetics and function, right?  I still have a bit more work to do before I am ready to show it off.  But I did come across a new mod that I think everyone will love.  It has to do with fast travel between traders.  I'll explain more about it if I decide to use it on the server.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2024, 06:40:28 pm »
So, I was happy to see my early play testing went very well.  I went and checked every custom POI in the pack and even remade all new mesh files for them.  Almost every one of them has gone through some noticeable changes from repaint to relocation within its tile, to complete restructuring.  So, you shouldn't see any discernable changes to the POI's as you approach from a distance.  Although, the green house may look a little off high in the air with the glass panel roof.  I didn't do anything to it to clean up the distant look.  And there are 4 new POI's that didn't appear in the last reset.  But they are in now.

#1: house_modern_30 = The Smith residence
#2: Zap_Arcade_Voltralux = Zap Arcade
#3: MafiaMuseum_Voltralux = Mafia Museum
#4: Hitman_Hawkes_Bay_Beach_House = Hawkes Beach House

There is also a new mod that is attached below.  It's the trader fast travel that I had mentioned before.  It uses the radio equipment near the hela-pad at every trader base so you can call for a fast travel to any other trader you had visited.  It costs 1000 dukes to use.  Trader Mechanic is now also equipped to use this.  I have also attached the modded poi's if anyone doesn't want to download the entire pack to get them.

There is also a link to the mod if my attachment doesn't work.  https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/4340
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 12:47:36 am by Sandman[SA] »

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 123.0 Firefox 123.0
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2024, 12:39:11 am »
Thx Sand :)

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2024, 12:56:51 am »
I just uploaded a few touch-ups here and there to the server. 

The greenhouse mesh file got a little more lovin.  It's not perfect but it looks much better from a distance and as you approach it. 

A few other POI's received some new cabinets that I didn't know about before in their kitchens.  Namely the cabinets that surround ovens with cooking ranges and dish washers.

Bdubvehicles got a major rework on the localization file.  This file is what gives a name to blocks and items available in this mod and also displays a description of said blocks and items.  And for this mod in particular, also displays the name of the trader and his base.  The original file did work, but just barely.  It wasn't setup properly for all that info.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2024, 12:46:02 am »
Work continues some more.  I had been noticing greenhouse and serial killer POI's had far fewer zombies dwelling in them then what I had been seeing in the editor.  But just yesterday, I finally got a "clear + retrieve" quest for the greenhouse.  But was unable to complete the clear portion of it due to a group of zombies that failed to spawn.  As it turned out, both POI's had sleeper volume listings for custom zombies that my server doesn't have.  I have spent an entire day changing those volumes so that they call for default zombies and also adjusted the area sizes.  I also learned that you can tie several of them in groups.  Serial killer has a few of them.  Anyway, I have play tested both of them to make sure you can complete all quests.  Then uploaded them to the server.  Hopefully they play nice without a map reset.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 123.0 Firefox 123.0
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2024, 07:01:41 pm »
I also learned that you can tie several of them in groups.

Wait can you have more of a certain type of zombies spawn in a certain area?  That makes me think of .. wouldn't it be cool to have a specialized zombie hoard defence superstructure and zombies spawn all around it without ruining homes near by?

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2024, 07:33:43 pm »
Wait.  You want a POI to have a group of select zeds to spawn outside to bum rush you as you try to enter?  That would be a bit tricky, but it can be done.

Otherwise, random zeds spawn in the wild at a preset distance from the player during horde battles.  You have little to no control over that.

Anyway, made a couple of minor changes to Castle Blackhearth.  Basically small cosmetic changes really.  And there is a new POI to lookout for on the next map reset.
#1. Alamo_Restaurant_Voltralux = The Alamo.  It's a pretty nice tier 2 restaurant.

Also, I think I have figured out how to properly use the built-in random world generator customizer.  So, all 4 biomes will be available next time.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 01:40:21 am by Sandman[SA] »

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2024, 10:41:42 pm »
Some more QoL treatment on the server.

1:  Craftable Hazmat mod got an overhaul.  Hazmat suits now require a schematic in order to craft them.  Should be able to find the schematics it in random loot and from traders.  Or you can just craft the schematic if you want.  Each piece of the suit is as tough as military armor and now has 4 mod slots.  Quick note, install your mods before you wear the suit.  Adding mods while you are wearing it could disrupt radiation protection.

2:  Craftable cowboy hat mod got a small update to make the schematic easier to get.  Similar to hazmat suit.

3:  Incendiary Rounds mod got a small update to make the mod lootable in large loot cashes and in buried treasure.  The trader should sell these more often now.

4:  Shock Rounds mod got the same treatment as Incendiary Rounds mod.

5:  Fixed some small details on Castle Keep and Compound POI's.  Mainly just missing paint in key spots and added higher possibility to loot bookshelves.

6:  Fixed clear mission objectives on Greenhouse and Serial Killer POI's.  Greenhouse also got a number of detail changes.

7:  All default traders had the invisible wall surrounding them removed.  You can now go behind the counter to explore and loot.  Traders such as Bob and Jen have back doors that are unlocked.  There is a switch behind the counter to open the other door.  Joel has a switch down stairs to open a hatch in the floor behind the counter.

8:  Super tools and weapons mod got a small change to the super impact driver.  Block damage increased from 75 to 150.  100 is max for the default tier 6 version.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 05:57:03 pm by Sandman[SA] »

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2024, 07:55:56 pm »
Some big changes are coming to the server.  First, the client-side mod pack has been consolidated to just 25 mods currently.  That is everything you need to join the server.  But if you want the full package so you can play it solo, there is a link for that now too.  Check the first post.

Coming soon will be some new mods.
Drone Weapons Mod.  It is what it sounds like.  Weapons for a drone. 
Send Drone to Trader.  It too speaks for itself.  Will allow you to send a drone to the trader with what you want to sell.

They are too large to attach here so it's in the mod pack.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 08:07:42 pm by Sandman[SA] »

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2024, 03:46:26 pm »
So, the new map is up on the server with a brand-new custom POI by Captionrun named "Trader Market".  Or as you should see it in-game is "Cross Trader Market Place".  It's a one-of-a-kind trader base that houses 6 traders under one roof.  You heard right.  There are 6 of them.  Traders Bob, Jen, Joel, Rekt, Hugh and the Mechanic are all there to serve you.  In a food court style setting with fully functional workstations outside and a decent sized parking lot with 2 ways in and out.  There is a decent amount of storage inside if you want to camp there for a while.  And it is trader protected so you can't build there or damage it.

One mod has been removed.  Fast_Travel.   It's nice when it works, but it has proven to be unreliable and highly problematic in multiplayer.

I have very limited testing with the Send Drone to Trader mod.  If you have a weapon equipped drone and ammo on board, remove the ammo before sending it.  The drone will sell the ammo.  So, if anyone cares to test it, I need feedback.

One last announcement.  ChickenCoops mod has gotten a change.  Particularly for the bird nests and the sounds it makes.  Very annoying when closing the bird nest and it sounded like you just broke down a door.  It's been changed to make default sounds.

A fresh download of the current mod pack is required this time.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 01:13:08 am by Sandman[SA] »

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 124.0 Firefox 124.0
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2024, 05:05:48 am »
Now that Easter is done I will have to see about jumping into 7DTD again. My fingers hurt from the effects of Chemo but I miss the game for my creative outlets.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2024, 10:14:56 pm »
Been eager to see you pop in, have a look around and get creative.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 124.0 Firefox 124.0
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2024, 02:19:02 am »
Been eager to see you pop in, have a look around and get creative.

I ended up hospitalized Thursday and Friday. They have cancelled my last chemo because of bleeding, the rash on my hands and my red nailbeds. The bleeding out of my butt caught their attention even though once admitted the hospital doc just said it is probably just hemorrhoids and never even made sure so the scope was cancelled and my stay a waste of time. It is good to be home but now that chemo is done (early) and a heart Echo and a breast ultrasound and the tumor lumpectomy coming up very soon I am hoping to get feeling back in my fingers and jump in to play finally. :) Health and life come first before game and pleasure.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2024, 01:29:36 am »
Of course.  Health and life in general always come first.  It sounds like you are really having a rough go but I hope you get to feeling better soon KT.

Server Admins  |  Server Issues  |  Server Announcments  |  Our own 7 Days 2 Die server

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Copyright © 2000-2024 Server Admins All Rights Reserved.
Page created in 2.893 seconds with 18 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx