gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
2976 Posts in 217 Topics by 29 Members - Latest Member: Frosty[SA] March 28, 2024, 02:24:45 pm
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | Site | gfx
gfx
Server Admins  |  General Category  |  General Discussion  |  Whatcha up to?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Whatcha up to?  (Read 4184 times)

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge
    • The Server Admins
Re: Whatcha up to?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2022, 08:48:21 pm »
Well, I did actually install 7d2d dedicated server on the server PC.  But the server PC's video card can't handle it.  So, I setup the built-in version of dedicated server on my rig and it seems to work fine for me.  I can join that server and it plays like I was hosting a listen server.  Also shows on discord and steam as if I was playing the whole time.  lol.  Oops!

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 97.0 Firefox 97.0
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2022, 10:05:52 pm »
Well, I did actually install 7d2d dedicated server on the server PC.  But the server PC's video card can't handle it.  So, I setup the built-in version of dedicated server on my rig and it seems to work fine for me.  I can join that server and it plays like I was hosting a listen server. Also shows on discord and steam as if I was playing the whole time.  lol.  Oops!

Woops! lol

Well, while I watched you play I was amazed at all the improvements!!

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2022, 10:12:35 pm »
I'm still waiting for you to come join me.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 99.0 Firefox 99.0
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2022, 10:46:04 am »
I'm still waiting for you to come join me.

I did update Steam but then got real busy over Easter and also family and medical appointments that I didn't get a chance to log in here to grab the server files I needed to add to 7DTD.

I had been busy trying to be there for Anthony who is doing badly health wise and for my cousin Bob who had a quadruple Bypass (was supposedly to only be a triple). Also there was a medication mix up and had to spend time getting that straitened  up which I was not too happy got screwed up in the first place by a newer employee. As well as I got my referral to the local Nephrologist (kidney doc) but still need other referrals that have not been replied to so looking for other doctors. My mom's doctor gave permission to see him but I still need to get my family doctor to do the referral but I had been so busy I kept forgetting. Have to do that today. Plus I have to call the local Revenue Agency about my Disability Tax Credit. Ya ... been a bit busy. Also was trying to call Dave but now both my phones just keep getting a voice mail woman's voice saying "The customer is not available" despite him saying that he has no voice mail. Only his answering machine which is a man's voice and doesn't pick up on the first ring like this voice mail does. For a bit of time I was able to get a hold of him on my cell but now it is both my phones again that cannot get a hold of him. 

I am trying to find time for everything and when I did talk to Dave last he told me to log in here as he posted something for me about a game he wanted me to try.

So ya .. here .. been busy. Oh also I got my tire replaced thanks to Dave so I am able to drive again.  Also my niece is going back to the UK in 9 days so I wanted to be available for her as much as possible. It is really looking like she wants to stay in the UK.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2022, 10:09:16 pm »
Well, the 7D2D server has been up for 4 months now.  Just sayin.  Obviously, you've had a lot on your plate.  And the plates just keep coming. :^-^:

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 100.0 Firefox 100.0
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2022, 11:32:58 pm »
Well, the 7D2D server has been up for 4 months now.  Just sayin.  Obviously, you've had a lot on your plate.  And the plates just keep coming. :^-^:

Well my niece just left today to go back to the UK so it will just be all my mom again and with Easter done with ... and taxes done with .. and now just to get a new cell as mine is about to explode (noticed the screen started being discoloured on one side and then noticed how the cell doesn't fit in the case right that one side of the screen was bevelled up like it is damaged, I took it out of that protective outer case I had on it for the last 3 years and noticed the back of the cell is not flat anymore. I suspect the battery had overheated and the battery app did not kick in but instead this might have been just the battery going over time and then poof. I can actually still use my cell but at this rate I really do not want to but am looking into another cell. I don't have one but want to get an unlocked one so I can still keep my plan as getting any new plan will cost more monthly and over all.

Yes, there always seems to be something new that comes up and makes me tooo busy to just sit at the computer and game. Frankly there are a lot of things to do .. always. :(

Offline One Eyed Wonderweasle

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2022, 02:37:57 pm »
 Bulging battery sounds like something the manufacturer should replace the phone for, if you didn't physically damage the phone, then it sounds like it should be something the manufacturer should be on the hook for. It might be worth looking into.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2022, 11:12:49 pm »
Actually, a bulging battery is a sign that It's been overcharged many times and Its service life is about over.  Word to the wise, lithium-Ion batteries should only be charged to about 80% or so to get the most life out of them.  If the device was still under warrantee, you could get it replaced for free.  But in KT's case, it's several years old now so.  Time to save up for a new one.

Speaking of that.  I just upgraded my cell phone after a much enjoyed 9+ year stretch.  Went from a Galaxy Note 3 (that still looks and works prefect) to a Galaxy S22.  Yeah.  No Apple anything for me.

Offline One Eyed Wonderweasle

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2022, 10:46:07 pm »
Actually, a bulging battery is a sign that It's been overcharged many times and Its service life is about over.  Word to the wise, lithium-Ion batteries should only be charged to about 80% or so to get the most life out of them.  If the device was still under warrantee, you could get it replaced for free.  But in KT's case, it's several years old now so.  Time to save up for a new one.

Speaking of that.  I just upgraded my cell phone after a much enjoyed 9+ year stretch.  Went from a Galaxy Note 3 (that still looks and works prefect) to a Galaxy S22.  Yeah.  No Apple anything for me.
anytime you have a product that has a part that could explode when you are using it properly, I don't think it is out of line for them to replace the part that is obviously not working as designed.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2022, 03:55:10 pm »
anytime you have a product that has a part that could explode when you are using it properly, I don't think it is out of line for them to replace the part that is obviously not working as designed.

I agree.  But the fact that it's well past 3 years old now, I doubt there is any warrantee left to cover its repairs.  Let alone, its replacement.  You know that the company that sold her the device is just going to tell her that she got her money's worth out of it and try to sell her a new one.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Android 12 Android 12
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2022, 01:47:34 am »
I'm curious as to what the forum will have to say about my new device.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 102.0 Firefox 102.0
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2022, 06:09:31 pm »
I'm curious as to what the forum will have to say about my new device.

Galaxy s22?

Nice! What colour did you get?

Nice specs.

Impressive.

Can I have your old one :P I can't afford a new plan so I want to find a phone I can switch my sim card to to continue my current plan.

Also regarding the discussion between you two about if I could get a replacement or not, Sandman is definitely right. There is no way I could get a replacement. Not even going to ask. The way things work with cell phones have been like this for awhile now. It is equivalent to trying to get money back for down time from your internet service provider. It might have worked long ago but now it just doesn't work that way. The cell phones work for about 2 to 3 years / the length of the contract and then when the battery does or anything happens after that, you just buy a new cell phone. That is how it is. The problem I have with this system is they always want you to buy a new contract as they say the old one does not exist anymore. Which I think is total crap because as long as I am using it with my current cell I have that service.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2022, 01:59:43 am »
So many questions.  lol.  But yeah.  It's the base model Galaxy S22.  Not the plus or ultra.  It's black in color and that image is not of a S series.  Looks more like the Note series.  And unfortunately, I can't give you my old Note 3 because T-Mobile keeps it as part of the trade-up program.  I was surprised that phone still had some value left in it.

Actually KT, a modern phones life expectancy is less than 1 year.  It's called "planned obsolescence".  If you spend good money for a new phone today and get a warrantee plan for it, you would expect them to repair or replace the phone if it ever gets damaged or broken for as long as you own it, right?  The fact is your phone's warrantee support is obsolete a month after the next generation phones hit the shelves.  They won't be able to replace a broken phone with a matching new one.  You may be able to get a refurbished one for a short while, but not new.  Nor will the warrantee pay for a replacement screen if it ever gets cracked or broken.  They will charge you full repair price for a replacement screen.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 02:34:07 am by Sandman[SA] »

Server Admins  |  General Category  |  General Discussion  |  Whatcha up to?

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Copyright © 2000-2024 Server Admins All Rights Reserved.
Page created in 0.25 seconds with 16 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx