gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
3037 Posts in 219 Topics by 30 Members - Latest Member: Kodiac April 27, 2024, 01:24:54 am
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | Site | gfx
gfx
Server Admins  |  Server Issues  |  Server Announcments  |  Our own 7 Days 2 Die server
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Our own 7 Days 2 Die server  (Read 8071 times)

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge
    • The Server Admins
Re: Our own 7 Days 2 Die server
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2023, 09:38:33 pm »
Okay, sounds good.  I've been working hard getting the server dialed in and working smoothly.  So far, it's looking really good.

There are some new features in the game that I find a bit taxing.  Like for instance, now you have to read a literal ton of books to progress and unlock stuff.  But there is a couple of mods in place to help with that.  Mega book looting is nearly guaranteed that you will find books and schematics and you can craft and read any and all schematics and books with schematic crafting.  Giving that you have the resources for it.  CJ's super tools, weapons and traps is a mod that follows the old progression method.  Meaning you need to read all 7 perk schematics for a particular perk that governs the weapon, tool or trap you want.  Easy to unlock with schematic crafting but expensive to craft those super items.  But then again, with how OP these super items are, I feel it's worth the expense.

This is special to my server only, but trader bases can be a safe haven to help you get on your feet to build a base.  All traders have working work stations and are always open.  You just can't build there.  Trader Jen even has an on-site water source.  Default to A21, empty water jars were removed from the game.  But on my server, they are still there.  Perfect for making drinking water the old fashioned way.  Dew collectors are the new thing now.  And on my server, they produce 3X the amount of water, 10x faster.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 12:48:30 am by Sandman[SA] »

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2023, 04:30:02 pm »
I've been doing a lot of testing on my own.  For what I can see, everything seems to be working very well.  Only an issue with the claim repair tool where it gets stuck trying to repair a block that can't be repaired.  You will normally see it glow green when it's working.  But when it locks up, the glow turns red.  A remedy that seems to work so far is, turn the claim repair tool off, find and destroy the block inside your claim zone that can't be repaired at all.  This could be something like an abandoned car or truck or vending machine causing it.  Turn the tool back on.  If it glows green again, you found what it got stuck on.

Edit:  Issue fixed by changing the load order of that mod by renaming it so it loads first.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 12:46:04 am by Sandman[SA] »

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2023, 04:40:44 pm »
Dave is working on my PC with the updated parts but now I need a power supply. So still a bit of a wait but Dave did let me borrow his gaming laptop. I still have my dad's laptop plugged in (which I am posting from right now) but will switch it his after I get in touch with my mom. I did not get home in time for prayers with her at 3pm. But once my computer is up and going it will be exciting to see all the new changes in 7DTD!

I sent a text to your cell

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2023, 07:55:30 pm »
Yeah, the server has changed drastically.  There is a ton of new things to see and do.  And craft, if you're into that sort of thing.  You can craft just about anything available in the game.  And then some.  Good luck with your system update.  I hope that new PSU comes in soon.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2023, 11:52:44 am »
Yeah, the server has changed drastically.  There is a ton of new things to see and do.  And craft, if you're into that sort of thing.  You can craft just about anything available in the game.  And then some.  Good luck with your system update.  I hope that new PSU comes in soon.

Ya turns out it took it out of my bank account leaving me minus and PayPal takes 3-5 days to put the money in, but it does seem to be paid successfully and will get here by Friday. Amazon is pretty good with deliveries.  My bank asked me if I wasn't to set up online auto deposit, so I don't have to go through PayPal anymore, but I am not sure how that works internationally.

I love crafting and designing and building and all relaxing things like that. :) I can't wait until I am able to join again. :)

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2023, 07:01:11 pm »
I don't know how relaxing your crafting environment is going to be.  Most people these days just take over a POI until at least mid-game stage.  Then go build a base.  But on my server, the settings are a bit relaxed.  Difficulty is set to Scavenger.  Horde night is every 10 days.  But it will be 10 zombies per player in the server come horde night.  Up to a max of 64 zombies.  But 7 or more players would be required to hit that limit.  Trader bases are open 24/7, are indestructible and have fully functional crafting stations on sight.  So, you can use them as a safe haven to get your crafting started.  And did I mention, you can craft almost anything in the game?

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Opera 100.0.0.0 Opera 100.0.0.0
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2023, 03:06:01 am »
It's called "The Sandbox Fun House".  No password.   As of patch 20.7, if you can't find the server normally by name, you can try connecting to the server IP address.  174.173.174.231  port 26900.  It should show up from then on.

You will need to download and install this mod pack in order to play.  It gets updated fairly regularly.  So remember to grab a fresh download if you haven't played in a while. http://killerz.dns2go.com/files/Mods.rar

If anyone here would like admin, please PM me your steamID64.  You can find it here.  Steam ID Finder

EDIT:  To connect to my server, you will need to disable EAC (easyanticheat).  Just right click on 7d2d from your steam games menu and select "show game launcher".  Then remove the check mark from EAC and click "Run & Save as default".

Okay I dropped the mod pack you compiled into the 7DTD Steam game. Will play tomorrow night. Time for bed now.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2023, 08:49:17 pm »
Good deal.  Just make sure EAC is disabled and you should be good to go.

I think I am done making and dramatic edits or changes with the mods used on this server for a while.  I've actually integrated a small number of mods together to get all the features, settings and values I wanted consistently.

Oh, by the way.  I just reset the world.  So, it's a fresh start with hopefully some new POI's to loot.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2023, 11:33:23 am »
Good deal.  Just make sure EAC is disabled and you should be good to go.

I think I am done making and dramatic edits or changes with the mods used on this server for a while.  I've actually integrated a small number of mods together to get all the features, settings and values I wanted consistently.

Oh, by the way.  I just reset the world.  So, it's a fresh start with hopefully some new POI's to loot.

Ya and in case Dave ever wants to join (I forget if he has 7 Days to Die or not but likes shooting things in games) I took screenshots for how to disable the EAC.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2023, 12:28:07 am »
I've always used small mode.  So this is the first time I've seen it done from the large mode.  Kind of cool though.

But in small mode, you just right click on the game of choice and the same menus appear.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2023, 10:59:15 am »
I've always used small mode.  So this is the first time I've seen it done from the large mode.  Kind of cool though.

But in small mode, you just right click on the game of choice and the same menus appear.

It was odd because the last time I logged into game I realized I had a shortcut to STEAM on C and on H and I guess I was using H which is an old short cut from 2 PC versions ago but it still works since Steam is installed (? not sure if that is why). Launching from C last time it looked differently than that. Still not small mode but showed me a selection of how I wanted to launch the game and there was the option to Launch without EAC so much easier. I should have taken a screenshot of that but it was unexpected.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2023, 08:16:56 pm »
It is said that they have fixed the directory listing for steam games.  I haven't tried fixing mine in a while.  But I still have a small handful of games that only want to run from the C drive.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2023, 09:53:55 pm »
There has been a small update to the server pack as of today.  Just a few config changes really.  If you have the mod pack dated for 09/09, you won't need to download it again.  Any config changes made server side, will show up for you client side.

From this point on, I will not post any update information unless you need the new files in order to play on the server.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Opera 102.0.0.0 Opera 102.0.0.0
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2023, 03:31:01 am »
There has been a small update to the server pack as of today.  Just a few config changes really.  If you have the mod pack dated for 09/09, you won't need to download it again.  Any config changes made server side, will show up for you client side.

From this point on, I will not post any update information unless you need the new files in order to play on the server.

Thank you Jeff and also thank you for teaching me wiring in the game!  :tup:

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2023, 04:33:15 pm »
Thank you Jeff and also thank you for teaching me wiring in the game!  :tup:

You're welcome.

I know I said I wouldn't do this but...  The mod pack was updated again.  The CJ's Super Tools and Weapons mod had a small bug fix.  The "Repeating Crossbow" would not display the intended info.  And I just added a new custom weapon to that same mod.  It's named the "Aggressor".  It's a shock buffed 9mm pistol.  Lastly, fixed a issue with the Lawn Mower mod, where you can't craft 3 of its addon mods.  Even though you have all the required ingredients.  It seems the devs made a change in the game mechanics, so that you can no longer use mods to craft other mods.  ::) :duh:

Anyway, this should all be available server side.  You should not need to download the mod pack.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 01:03:51 am by Sandman[SA] »

Server Admins  |  Server Issues  |  Server Announcments  |  Our own 7 Days 2 Die server

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Copyright © 2000-2024 Server Admins All Rights Reserved.
Page created in 3.035 seconds with 15 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx