gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
2976 Posts in 217 Topics by 29 Members - Latest Member: Frosty[SA] March 28, 2024, 12:11:19 pm
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | Site | gfx
gfx
Server Admins  |  General Category  |  Geek / Games Discussion  |  Show off Dream Gaming PC Setups
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Show off Dream Gaming PC Setups  (Read 3129 times)

Online One Eyed Wonderweasle

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge
Re: Show off Dream Gaming PC Setups
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2020, 11:30:59 pm »
 some of the online only stuff is thru third partys.  and I was wrong on the shipping prices was more like $12 shipping per unit.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2020, 11:52:10 pm »
Well that is different.  Maybe it's just a US thing but when I want to order something from a local store like best buy, home depot, walmart or whatever, there is no shipping costs if you pick it up at the store.  There is shipping costs if you have it rushed or want to have it delivered to your home though.  But even that is waved if the item/s are over a certain dollar value.

Online One Eyed Wonderweasle

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2020, 12:00:31 am »
 Maybe you just haven't run into buying from 3rd party venders on those sites yet. Pretty sure Walmart, Newegg, Best Buy all advertise some 3rd party venders in their listing, maybe you just haven't ran across any yet.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2020, 12:24:26 am »
Well, I've noticed that on newegg and amazon, yeah.  But they also show additional shipping costs because the merchandise would be coming from another country.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 79.0 Firefox 79.0
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2020, 06:07:37 am »
Well, I've noticed that on newegg and amazon, yeah.  But they also show additional shipping costs because the merchandise would be coming from another country.
Most stuff that comes to Canada from online suppliers is from another country. We are just used to having to pay very high shipping prices. Also when tracing a shipment we will see it be rediculous like something from Michigan will go to Chicago and then California and then come to Canada to Toronto before coming to our city. It is annoying and expensive but what can Canadians do? Americans have it luckier than you realize Jeff.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2020, 09:38:37 pm »
Most stuff that comes to Canada from online suppliers is from another country. We are just used to having to pay very high shipping prices. Also when tracing a shipment we will see it be rediculous like something from Michigan will go to Chicago and then California and then come to Canada to Toronto before coming to our city. It is annoying and expensive but what can Canadians do? Americans have it luckier than you realize Jeff.

For the most part, you maybe right.  The US does enjoy simpler prices on most things.  I once ordered something from Italy.  PC water cooling fittings to be exact from EK.  It went to Germany first, then to Ohio, to New York, to Philadelphia, to California then back to Philadelphia.  The crazy part of that whole thing is it took 7 days to finally get here from the time I had placed the order.  It was $15 shipping on a $45 worth of parts.  But then again, pretty much anything under a certain weight limit is only $15 shipping from just about anywhere outside the US.  Sending to Canada from the US is nearly double that.  So I apologize for my ignorance.

Server Admins  |  General Category  |  Geek / Games Discussion  |  Show off Dream Gaming PC Setups

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Copyright © 2000-2024 Server Admins All Rights Reserved.
Page created in 3.97 seconds with 15 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx