gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
3037 Posts in 219 Topics by 30 Members - Latest Member: Kodiac April 27, 2024, 11:54:16 pm
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | Site | gfx
gfx
Server Admins  |  General Category  |  Geek / Games Discussion  |  Being an Independent Woman .. little tips for my life
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Being an Independent Woman .. little tips for my life  (Read 3630 times)

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge
    • The Server Admins
Re: Being an Independent Woman .. little tips for my life
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2023, 10:31:34 pm »
Well, yeah.  You will be responsible for all the logistics.  Registration, insurance, title transfer and inspection.  The vehicle is a "gift" from a family member.  It's already paid for.  So what else is there?  Tax on zero dollar gift?  That would be shady AF!

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Opera 99.0.0.0 Opera 99.0.0.0
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2023, 02:09:45 pm »
Well, yeah.  You will be responsible for all the logistics.  Registration, insurance, title transfer and inspection.  The vehicle is a "gift" from a family member.  It's already paid for.  So what else is there?  Tax on zero dollar gift?  That would be shady AF!

Well in Canada it would have to be at least on the blue book value. The tax is on that. But the insurance lady Shelley said that for bill of sale just have it as $1 if a gift but cousin to cousin and that will be fine. She is emailing me my temporary insurance on Friday so that I will have it for Monday July 31st (ya isn't going to be this Thursday after all because I was worried financially if I had enough money but I figure by the end of the money my Aug money MIGHT be in my bank by then???). I just hope I can swing this. The bonus money we got for July was only for July from the government for people on disability but not like that will be on going. It was more to pat themselves on the back as in "look we did something! We are good! Vote for us again!" type thing...  But it will be nice to not have terrible tires that go flat often or an aftermarket alarm system that is not sensitive enough to go off before a thief breaks the window and already grabs your stuff like with my current car. It will also be good to not have a rust bucket and be able to have better fuel mileage and for it to be dependable enough to drive to London even in the snowy months or even to take my mom to Chatham instead of always having my mom's cousin come from an hour away to pick her up and take her there and then back again.

I want to make this work.

The vehicle is:

2014 Honda CR-V Touring
Sport Utility |2.4 L I4 |AWD

Blue book value: https://www.kbb.com/honda/cr-v/2014/

Canadian MSRP
$25,990 - $35,450

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2023, 10:37:06 pm »
Your insurance lady gave you sound advice.  List the cost of the vehicle to you only being a dollar or so.  Whatever they allow you to get away with.  It is a gift from family so....

The Honda CR-V AWD is a really decent car.  Even though it is all wheel drive and bigger, it should still have equal to or better fuel economy than the old Pontiac.  Honda truly does make an efficient engine.  The AWD in those things is automated.  Meaning it's only active when the ABS system detects wheel spin.  Otherwise, it's dominantly FWD.  (Front Wheel Drive).  Unlike my 2007 Honda Pilot, it's full time 4WD.  And has a feature called VTM-4 which when applied, will engage a limited slip clutch in the rear axle to help provide more traction when you really need it.

I really hope you get this car Angie.  I think you will be very happy with it.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2023, 04:19:55 pm »
Your insurance lady gave you sound advice.  List the cost of the vehicle to you only being a dollar or so.  Whatever they allow you to get away with.  It is a gift from family so....

The Honda CR-V AWD is a really decent car.  Even though it is all wheel drive and bigger, it should still have equal to or better fuel economy than the old Pontiac.  Honda truly does make an efficient engine.  The AWD in those things is automated.  Meaning it's only active when the ABS system detects wheel spin.  Otherwise, it's dominantly FWD.  (Front Wheel Drive).  Unlike my 2007 Honda Pilot, it's full time 4WD.  And has a feature called VTM-4 which when applied, will engage a limited slip clutch in the rear axle to help provide more traction when you really need it.

I really hope you get this car Angie.  I think you will be very happy with it.

Because this time it wasn't from a sibling like my last cars have been .. they would not allow $1 but said they MUST charge tax on the book value which was a LOT! Cost me $2,300 n taxes alone!

Then the safety on top of that ...I think I got ripped off by the dealership as he charged $886 but then I said the hourly fee was not to be more than $115/hr and you charged me $125/hr. He said, "Oh well it went up on Aug 1st". I said I just called the day before the 1st and was told $115. Plus the website still says $115 and no mention of an increase. On top of that you have a letter on the wall behind you that says attention customers. We charge $115/hr. So he changed that and when I pulled out cash he charged me $800. Still for CRV Touring Routers and Breaks I think I was OVERcharged. :(

So yes this has been way too expensive.

On top of that my Uncle Joe keeps saying make sure to get the oil changed (I know as it is 10% on the dash telling me already) and that I should wash and wax the CRV to keep it in as good of shape as my Uncle Walter kept it. Makes me wonder what the family REALLY thinks of me.

On top of that my computer (old one) the power supply went POP and now I need to buy one and this is the end of a very expensive month so I don't know how I will. Dave has my computer at his place to upgrade it but I still need to get a Power Supply. That old one did last a long time though! Remember Jeff you were with me when I bought it from Staples?

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2023, 08:04:03 pm »
Did you say 23,000 in taxes???  That is top dollar for what that car is worth.  And that is what they charged in taxes?  That's madness!!!

Offline One Eyed Wonderweasle

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 116.0 Firefox 116.0
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2023, 09:48:37 pm »
 I really think that's a typo. she's pretty tired today, probably 1 too many zero's. or more likely the 23,000 might have been the bluebook value that the based the taxes on.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 09:52:38 pm by One Eyed Wonderweasle »

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2023, 11:30:23 am »
Did you say 23,000 in taxes???  That is top dollar for what that car is worth.  And that is what they charged in taxes?  That's madness!!!
Dave is right. 2,300.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2023, 07:20:49 pm »
Oh, ok.  That's a lot easier pill to swallow.

Server Admins  |  General Category  |  Geek / Games Discussion  |  Being an Independent Woman .. little tips for my life

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Copyright © 2000-2024 Server Admins All Rights Reserved.
Page created in 6.289 seconds with 16 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx