gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
3037 Posts in 219 Topics by 30 Members - Latest Member: Kodiac April 27, 2024, 03:03:39 pm
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | Site | gfx
gfx
Server Admins  |  General Category  |  Geek / Games Discussion  |  Best Case for a Gaming PC on a Budget that can keep your PC cool??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Best Case for a Gaming PC on a Budget that can keep your PC cool??  (Read 3750 times)

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Opera 102.0.0.0 Opera 102.0.0.0
So looking at cases as mentioned in this thread as well as mentioned in this thread, I thought you both were right and in keep on the topic of each thread it only made sense to create this thread.

What I want in a case:

• Able to open the door on my own to keep it clean inside.
  • Have at least 2 USB ports on the front for ease of access. (I typically use at least 9 USB ports at once.)
  • Support my old HDD's still as well as my SSD.
  • Support for my RW DVD player.
  • Upgradable hardware wise.
  • At least support for 5 fans and wide enough to not have video card size impact my ability to have needed fans or limit my choices of video cards that will fit in the case.
  • Clean cable management.
  • Sleek design and RBG fans etc.

I love my RBG lights, I like to hold onto tech I already have as I am poor, love to not have to worry about overheating (lots of fans if I want), love to have lots of upgrade capability for the future, and enjoy ease of access to my USB ports and lots of them.

So with that in mind... one day when I have money (which won't be for a while now) I had looked at these or ones like it:

I am finding more and more than good cases tend to not support many HDD and large components. I still want to keep my DVD player / recorder I have but that is just me. My mentality is I have it so why not use it. I want it still in my case. Also I am finding not a lot of USB ports on many cases anymore.

Sand, for what you were suggesting with the CORSAIR 3000D AIRFLOW Mid-Tower PC Case - Black - 2x SP120 ELITE Fans $70 USD, what is that tray in the front?

The Fractal Design Focus G Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case for $55 USD is okay too.

Need to make sure a case supports everything I have as well and no "well you don't really need that anyway" talk. I have what I have and it is all good for now. I am happy with what I have (except the need for speakers).

For the sake of cost and how expensive shipping is, it is probably best to look within Canada.

https://www.newegg.ca/Computer-Cases/SubCategory/ID-7

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge
    • The Server Admins
Re: Best Case for a Gaming PC on a Budget that can keep your PC cool??
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 12:17:24 am »
Keep in mind that all that older hardware tech is being phased out.  Or already has been.  Example: Floppy drives are gone.  And optical drives have pretty much gone away.  HDD's are still around.  But are in the process of being phased out for SSD's and M.2 drives.

With that now out of the way....  The Focus G from Fractal Design is one of the last modern cases that still support most of what you want.  Clean cable management is not good in that case.  But it can check off all the others.  It comes with 2 LED fans.  But can support up to 6 120mm fans.  It has 1 SSD mount in the back behind the PSU and 2 removeable 2.5 inch or 3.5 in drive bays in the basement.  2 - 5 1/4 bays in the front.  2 USB ports in the front.  But it's 1 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0.  It is able to support 2 - 240mm radiators at the same time.  And has plenty of room to fit a RX 5700 XT with a full cover water block on it.  It doesn't come with RGB, but you can add it.

Offline One Eyed Wonderweasle

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 119.0 Firefox 119.0
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 06:03:00 am »

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 07:25:12 am »
Keep in mind that all that older hardware tech is being phased out.  Or already has been.  Example: Floppy drives are gone.  And optical drives have pretty much gone away.  HDD's are still around.  But are in the process of being phased out for SSD's and M.2 drives.

With that now out of the way....  The Focus G from Fractal Design is one of the last modern cases that still support most of what you want.  Clean cable management is not good in that case.  But it can check off all the others.  It comes with 2 LED fans.  But can support up to 6 120mm fans.  It has 1 SSD mount in the back behind the PSU and 2 removeable 2.5 inch or 3.5 in drive bays in the basement.  2 - 5 1/4 bays in the front.  2 USB ports in the front.  But it's 1 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0.  It is able to support 2 - 240mm radiators at the same time.  And has plenty of room to fit a RX 5700 XT with a full cover water block on it.  It doesn't come with RGB, but you can add it.

Ya you know what I like even though I prefer black but who is going to see my computer anyway to show it off? Doesn't really matter :P

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 09:56:10 am »
If you don't mind gray case for the Fractal G. I don't see it getting much cheaper.

https://www.newegg.ca/gunmetal-gray-fractal-design-focus-g-atx-mid-tower/p/11-352-075?Item=11-352-075&cm_sp=product-_-from-price-options

Oh that is nice. Wish it had more USB at the front/top but ya nice

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2023, 02:52:59 am »
I have a Focus G here in black.  I setup my old gaming rig in that case with a full custom water cooling loop with two 240mm radiators and 6 case fans.  It's shocking just how much heat an OC'ed Xeon X5690 can put out.

The case is a bit on the small side and has very limited space in the back for cable management.  The clear side panel is plastic.  So, it's light weight but can scratch easy.  Both side covers have captive screws so you won't lose them.  One of the SSD mounts is in the back of the case and the screws are hidden directly behind the PSU.  Poor design flaw but we are working with limited space.  It does have two removable drive trays in the bottom.  If you don't need them, you can mount an additional 120mm fan in its place.  There are two 5 1/4 drive bays.  And yes, only two front I/O USB ports.  One is 2.0 and the other is 3.0.

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 119.0 Firefox 119.0

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2023, 07:33:11 pm »
Just so you are aware, this case comes with two 120mm front case fans.  Plugs into a standard 3 pin fan header.  They have clear blades with white LED lighting.

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 120.0 Firefox 120.0
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2023, 09:47:29 am »
 If she gets a case with decent flow, she can add extra for now fans then maybe go rgb later.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2023, 05:31:36 pm »
Or take blue ones from my current case?

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2023, 12:36:08 am »
If she gets a case with decent flow, she can add extra for now fans then maybe go rgb later.

RGB case fans are still a bit on the pricy side.  LED case fans are much cheaper but generally run at slower speeds to reduce noise.   Or barely create enough static pressure to overcome some case dust filters.

It's a touchy subject when shopping for case fans these days.  You want something that can last a long time.  Runs quiet.  Has the ability to generate a high enough CFM.  Fits your astatic wants and needs and fits your case.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2023, 08:50:25 pm »

RGB case fans are still a bit on the pricy side.  LED case fans are much cheaper but generally run at slower speeds to reduce noise.   Or barely create enough static pressure to overcome some case dust filters.

It's a touchy subject when shopping for case fans these days.  You want something that can last a long time.  Runs quiet.  Has the ability to generate a high enough CFM.  Fits your astatic wants and needs and fits your case.

CMF?

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2023, 10:01:26 pm »

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 120.0 Firefox 120.0
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2023, 06:51:27 pm »
Sorry.  CFM = Cubic Feet per Minute.

Ah ok.

Edit:  Fixed empty double quote.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2023, 02:45:02 am »
Here is some useful information when setting up your case fans.

Admittedly, my web server PC is setup for neutral air pressure.  2 front 120mm intake fans.  1 top 140mm fan and 1 rear 120mm fan as exhaust.  This system has no filters.  Only grills. 
My gaming rig is slightly negative pressure.  That has 3 bottom intake fans.  Then 3 top fans and 1 rear fan as exhaust.  They all 120mm fans.  It just has an intake filter. 
My new 7d2d server is setup for positive pressure.  2 front 180mm fans and one rear 140mm exhaust fan.  Also, only an intake filter.

And out of all 3 systems, the neutral air system seems to collect the least amount of dust inside the case.  Where the negative pressure system collects the most dust.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 11:41:13 pm by Sandman[SA] »

Server Admins  |  General Category  |  Geek / Games Discussion  |  Best Case for a Gaming PC on a Budget that can keep your PC cool??

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Copyright © 2000-2024 Server Admins All Rights Reserved.
Page created in 3.322 seconds with 16 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx