gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
3032 Posts in 218 Topics by 30 Members - Latest Member: Kodiac April 19, 2024, 04:28:17 pm
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | Site | gfx
gfx
Server Admins  |  General Category  |  Geek / Games Discussion  |  Best Case for a Gaming PC on a Budget that can keep your PC cool??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Best Case for a Gaming PC on a Budget that can keep your PC cool??  (Read 3342 times)

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 121.0 Firefox 121.0
Re: Best Case for a Gaming PC on a Budget that can keep your PC cool??
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2023, 05:21:27 am »
Oh thank you for posting this! This is very informative! :)

Offline One Eyed Wonderweasle

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 124.0 Firefox 124.0
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2024, 05:54:20 pm »
 I just got a very pretty older case, didn't cost much but it's was probably one of the dirtiest cases I've encountered. I am in the process of a total disassembly and cleaning of the case but it should be worth it in the end. It is gunmetal with black trim, NZXT phantom 410 SE pretty sure the original fans are shot though. was thinking some ARGB fans would be cool.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1134408-REG/nzxt_ca_ph410_g2_ph410_phantom_mid_tower_gunmetal.html

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2024, 03:11:31 pm »
Pretty cool looking old school air flow case.  Plenty of space for 5 1/4 drives.  As well as 3 1/2 HDD's.  It would make a nice case for a retro gaming rig or a home nas.  With how large modern higher end GPU's have gotten and how much cooling modern CPU's require, you would have to keep it low budget for modern gaming rig hardware.  That side intake is just in the way.  And the limited front intake and top exhaust real estate this case has could hurt overall performance of higher watt components.  I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2024, 12:20:27 pm »
 It doesn't have any of the cooling problems you mentioned. you do remember the subject of this thread right? KT started the thread about cooling a system like hers  not a top 1% overclocked $3,000 over kill computer. I'm pretty sure with about 6 out of the up to 8 possible fans I would be able to keep my current rig cool with that case. R9 3900x and rtx 3070.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2024, 05:55:33 pm »
It doesn't have any of the cooling problems you mentioned.

Oh no?  See if you can fit a 3070FE in there with the side intake fan in place and close to door.  I bet you $1 there is a clearance issue.

But I am sorry.  I thought the subject was about "new" budget high air flow cases.  My mistake.  Maybe we should ask the tech Jesus.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 06:05:25 pm by Sandman[SA] »

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2024, 07:38:08 pm »
 It's about 2.5 inches from where the video card screws in to where the side panel fits and the side panel fan mount is not near where the PCI-E power plugs would be on the card. Steve probably has a good list there.   

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2024, 05:27:13 am »
I have learned from my own case to always look for more space instead of "enough" so I don't have to forgo fans and certain video card upgrades.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2024, 10:35:48 pm »
Well that is the ultimate goal.  Finding a case that has the aesthetics and features to satisfy your tastes and needs respectively.  AND is future upgrade ready to take on whatever hardware you might be able to get your hands on.  Because if you think about it.  Most people tend to stick with the same case and PSU for a couple of major upgrades.  You will eventually replace them when they break or when they no longer support the new hardware you plan to get.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 02:14:09 am by KT 💣 KλBoƠM »

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2024, 02:14:56 am »
Well that is the ultimate goal.  Finding a case that has the aesthetics and features to satisfy your tastes and needs respectively.  AND is future upgrade ready to take on whatever hardware you might be able to get your hands on.  Because if you think about it.  Most people tend to stick with the same case and PSU for a couple of major upgrades.  You will eventually replace them when they break or when they no longer support the new hardware you plan to get.

Ya that makes sense. That is why "Just enough" is not good with the speed of how fast tech grows and old computer components become obsolete.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2024, 01:10:47 am »
Ya that makes sense. That is why "Just enough" is not good with the speed of how fast tech grows and old computer components become obsolete.

Exactly!  Back in the day, many, if not all computer cases had several drive bays in the front of the case.  This gave users the option for countless storage options.  Floppy drives.  Tape drives.  Optical drives.  Of course, hard drives.  And just about anything else that you could fit in those easy access front drive bays.  But back then, CPU's and GPU's didn't require much power and didn't put off anywhere near as much heat as they do today.  A lot of those cases did have some air flow options in the front of the case.  But were limited and restricted by those front drive bays and restrictive front covers.  But now, high air flow is becoming ever more important to help cool higher and higher wattage components.  We are at a point now where massive heat syncs or water cooling are a necessity if you want to get every last drop of performance from your computer.  Floppy, tape and optical drives or a thing of the past for PC's for many good reasons.  And HDD's are going the same route.  They are heavy, take up a lot of space, are fragile and are way too slow to keep up with modern tech.

There were even a number of cases over the decades that had side intake.  At first, it was to help cool the CPU.  But later, when CPU's got relocated to near the top of the mainboard, the side intake had benefits to cooling the GPU.  And sometimes more than just one.  But now, GPU coolers have grown so large that side intakes have become pointless.  Mainly because there is not enough room for the GPU and side intake fan.  And the fan shroud on most modern GPU's won't benefit much from side intakes anyway.  Unless the GPU is vertically mounted in the case.  So, my recommendation when shopping for a new case.  Don't focus so much on legacy hardware that you may still have.  Think more about where the technology is heading and what can suit your needs now.  I will be very happy to help you pick out something.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2024, 03:51:10 pm »
So, my recommendation when shopping for a new case.  Don't focus so much on legacy hardware that you may still have.  Think more about where the technology is heading and what can suit your needs now.  I will be very happy to help you pick out something.

It would be different if I was not deep in debt and claiming bankruptcy for the 2nd time around. Money is the biggest factor which happens to include what I currently have so I don't have to spend money on more just to make it all work and it. :(

Server Admins  |  General Category  |  Geek / Games Discussion  |  Best Case for a Gaming PC on a Budget that can keep your PC cool??

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Copyright © 2000-2024 Server Admins All Rights Reserved.
Page created in 0.258 seconds with 17 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx