gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
2976 Posts in 217 Topics by 29 Members - Latest Member: Frosty[SA] March 28, 2024, 02:17:31 pm
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | Site | gfx
gfx
Server Admins  |  General Category  |  Geek / Games Discussion  |  7 days to die
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 7 days to die  (Read 6121 times)

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 11.0 MS Internet Explorer 11.0
    • The Server Admins
7 days to die
« on: April 13, 2014, 08:44:07 pm »
If anyone is interested, I am hosting a 7D2D pub server during the evenings and your welcome to come play with us.  The server name is of course TheSandbox Pub and the pass is available upon request.  And for the time being, we are currently using Skype for voice chat.

The server rules are simple.  Do NOT destroy, damage or modify other peoples pieces of work or works in progress.  We will share whatever resources we already have or you can scavenge whatever you want or need normally.  In case you want to get everything you want and need right away, cheats are enabled so you can get straight to building whatever and wherever you want.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:01:38 am by [IA] KT KaBo0M »

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 28.0 Firefox 28.0
Re: 7 days to die
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 08:34:52 am »
I am glad you started this thread. I have been playing this game since soon after it first came out. I bought it when it was still more expensive than it is now and started playing in Alpha 1.1a. Currently the version is Alpha 7.9 and I am liking the changes and improvements even though some changes I don't like as much as others.

What exactly IS 7 Days to Die?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251570/

REQUIREMENTS:

Minimum:
        Processor: 2.4 Ghz Dual Core CPU
        Memory: 4 GB RAM
        Graphics: Nvidia 8800 GTX | Radeon HD 4770
        DirectX: Version 10
        Hard Drive: 1 GB available space
        Additional Notes: Install size will gradually increase with future updates.

Even though I just tell people it is a new game that is like a combination of DayZ and Minecraft and a bit of Left4Dead 2 all thrown into one, here is what the Wiki says about the game:

"7 Days to Die is an open world, voxel-based, sandbox game that is a unique mash up of First Person Shooter, Survival Horror, Tower Defense and Role Playing Games combining combat, crafting, looting, mining, exploration, and character growth.

In the near future where the a third world war leaves the Earth in ruins but the worst was yet to come. Nobody knows for sure if it was the radiation, the biochemical weapons or an act of god but an unknown virus soon transforms the surviving humans into an army of the animated dead, acting as a single-minded being.

You play a survivor trapped in the savage zombie infested world of Navezgane County Arizona one of the last true Eden’s on Earth. Ironically Navezgane means “Killer of Monsters” to the Apache who have inhabited the land for centuries, and that’s pretty much what you’ll do as you fight to survive and search for the truth behind what really happened.
"

http://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/7_Days_to_Die_Wiki

There is still a lot in development and it should be noted that since it is Alpha, that future updates could EASILY mean the map and server would have to be reset and we would have to start over. It has already happened once on Sandman's server when he had to update to 7.8.

Even though Sandman has not recorded any footage it is easy to find gameplay of this game by others on Youtube:

Crafting is unique but if you had played Minecraft you might pick up on how the crafting is done a little faster. 7 Days to Die is still unique more so than Minecraft as the crafting area is larger and placement in where you put the item to be crafted makes a difference.

For now Sandman and I have been checking online when we are stuck but for the most part we have been discovering and learning as we go along.

http://yelidmod.com/7days/

http://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Crafting

At first cheats were not on but Kat and Sand agreed that since the updates keep happening that it is best to use cheats to create and test and check out the game before everything is reset again.

With version 7.5+ you were able to set a few things when hosting a server such as length of day and night time and if the zombies spawn and how much and if you lose your stuff when you die.  Zombies are off for now only so that we have a chance to build our defenses and then zombies will be turned on to see how well our constructions stand up to the hoard.

IT should be noted that the zombies in 7 Days to Die (7DTD) are not like normal zombies but that there are "special" zombies dependent on the area of the map you are on. For example, in the jail there are zombies that shoot and zombies who spit acid and it destroys buildings. Yeah .. you are not safe staying in any building behind closed doors. They will BEAT DOWN THE WALLS to get to you!!

Most zombies are the same, except for the following zombies that have special features:

*    The Bloated Walker, who is more resistant.
*    (As of Alpha 2) the Spider Zombie who can climb walls.
*    The Zombie Dogs which are faster than the other zombies.
*    And finally the Infected Police Officer who as well as boasting the Bloated Walkers extra health spits damaging acid from a range quickly destroying blocks and damaging the player, when it's health is depleted it charges the player even in the day and explodes usually killing the player, unless killed first.

As of Alpha 7.5 Zombies will attempt to detect player's location at night time using proximity, smell,sight and light. They will try to occupy the space directly above (or below) the players location.

Also zombies are not the only thing that can kill you but also starving, bleeding, getting food poisoning or sick from drinking bad water (don't drink the toilet water .. boil it first!!) as well as I guess you can now (or in a future update) get infected and need to take medications. I am not sure what happens .. if you turn into a zombie or die or what... if you don't have any medication on hand.

Here are some pictures from in-game play from Sandman's server:

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 08:49:45 am »
Since the map reset Kat and Sandman have made a fortress and I have made a house. Pictures attached

Also a pic from when Sandman was gathering resources. There are more but with the limit of 5 images per post I only picked these. There are others where Sand and I were mining in a factory and taking the resources for his fortress (no cheats at this time) as well as another pic where the roof fell in with me on it because the supports in the house were not strong enough and it now matters as of 7.8

In the future I or Sandman or Kat will post pics of when the zombies swarm us.  There are also Zombie Hornets and Zombie dogs..

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 08:17:43 pm »
Kat and my fortress have come a long way since those pics as we are now ready to work on perimeter defenses and a form of safe passage between the fortress and KT's house.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 06:20:22 am »
some more images.

BioHazard and Sandman had a little fun :P

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 08:19:48 pm »
That was kind of fun.  I must have put almost 60 sticks of TNT in that house.  And Bio put at least 30 gas pumps in the basement.  That house is just a shell now, hehe.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 08:46:21 am »
That was kind of fun.  I must have put almost 60 sticks of TNT in that house.  And Bio put at least 30 gas pumps in the basement.  That house is just a shell now, hehe.

We really should record some ingame fun Sand. It would rock.

Oh also about my connection issues, does anyone else have this happen to them as well or is it just me? I need to know:

Offline Attitude

• Private
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 9.0 MS Internet Explorer 9.0
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 01:03:29 pm »
Sand we have to get that trench done I think then we are done completely. I wanted to see if I can do a small green house and see how it works out, because I know I will have to find a way to keep it up and stuff. There is only one reason I am wanting to do that is because  on my server the damn zombies will take down my crops and I don' t want that to happen on yours too sand.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 01:29:49 pm »
Sand we have to get that trench done I think then we are done completely. I wanted to see if I can do a small green house and see how it works out, because I know I will have to find a way to keep it up and stuff. There is only one reason I am wanting to do that is because  on my server the damn zombies will take down my crops and I don' t want that to happen on yours too sand.

that would only happen if they get in your walls or spawn in the garden. As far as I know the garden must be open to the sunlight. Not sure if glass could be over top or what though. Probably says on the wiki.

Also I am wondering if anyone has a capture card. I think it would rock to record some of the fun in the game.

BioHazard and Sandman really were enjoying explosions the last time I was on. Kinda reminds me of this guy Franky who I started watching when he was playing DayZ (just the part with the explosion is 7 Days to Die and relavent to this thread.. the rest has nothing to do with it and is DayZ):

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 09:18:51 pm »
You know Ang, when we all played together and was at the junkyard, the plants were growing during the night hours just by the light of torches.  And I agree Kat.  We will need a first line of defense.  The trench idea for sure but it may take some trial and error to see what is the best way to use it.

Offline Attitude

• Private
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 9.0 MS Internet Explorer 9.0
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 12:29:00 pm »
you know what I should try is the trussing

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 01:31:30 am »
Check out Biohazards levitating fortress trick.  No matter what we did to this structure, we couldn't collapse it.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 09:16:10 pm »
Okay, so lately KT and I decided to experiment with building our own houses.

The first one is KT's.  The second one is mine.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 06:12:23 pm »
I love how you do roofs Sand :)

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 09:23:43 pm »
I just noticed a crafting conflict in alpha 8.1 between barnwood and redwoodplank.  They have the same recipe.  Here is how to fix.

Go to Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config and edit the recipes.xml with metapad or something similar.  Find the section for barnwood.  It should look something like this.

Code: [Select]
    <recipe name="barnWood" count="8" scrapable="False" craft_time="5" >
        <ingredient name="woodPlank" count="1" grid="-1, -1"/>
        <ingredient name="woodPlank" count="1" grid="0, -1"/>
        <ingredient name="woodPlank" count="1" grid="1, -1"/>
        <ingredient name="woodPlank" count="1" grid="-1, 0"/>
        <ingredient name="plantChrysanthemum" count="1" grid="0, 0"/>
        <ingredient name="woodPlank" count="1" grid="1, 0"/>
        <ingredient name="woodPlank" count="1" grid="-1, 1"/>
        <ingredient name="woodPlank" count="1" grid="0, 1"/>
        <ingredient name="woodPlank" count="1" grid="1, 1"/>
    </recipe>

Change it to this.

Code: [Select]
    <recipe name="barnWood" count="4" scrapable="False" craft_time="5" >
        <ingredient name="woodPlank" count="1" grid="0, -1"/>
        <ingredient name="woodPlank" count="1" grid="-1, 0"/>
        <ingredient name="plantChrysanthemum" count="1" grid="0, 0"/>
        <ingredient name="woodPlank" count="1" grid="1, 0"/>
        <ingredient name="woodPlank" count="1" grid="0, 1"/>
    </recipe>

If your already in game while making this change, you will have to exit the game and relaunch it for the change to take effect.

I have attached my fixed recipes.xml incase you can't do it yourself.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 10:32:32 pm by Sandman[SA] »

Server Admins  |  General Category  |  Geek / Games Discussion  |  7 days to die

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Copyright © 2000-2024 Server Admins All Rights Reserved.
Page created in 6.087 seconds with 17 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx