gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
2977 Posts in 217 Topics by 29 Members - Latest Member: Frosty[SA] March 29, 2024, 09:40:08 am
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | Site | gfx
gfx
Server Admins  |  General Category  |  Geek / Games Discussion  |  Bragging rights. Let's see what you got.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bragging rights. Let's see what you got.  (Read 14939 times)

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge
    • The Server Admins
Re: Bragging rights. Let's see what you got.
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2021, 06:46:18 pm »
So I have been busy doing a few upgrades on my computer and quickly realized the limitations I was running in to with my old Cooler Master HAF-X case.  Where is does boast that it can support "water cooling", I think it was only intended for the use of AIO's.  Or possibly custom loops, but with external pumps and reservoirs.  So out with the old and in with the new.  Below are some images I took after assembly.

So I shopped around for a while and what I wound up getting was as follows.  Note, I payed much less than these prices.  These are only links to what the components are.

Lian-Li 011 Dynamic XL ROG case.
https://www.newegg.com/black-lian-li-o11-dynamic-e-atx-full-tower-case/p/2AM-000Z-00048

Lian-Li 011 Dynamic distro plate with pump.
https://www.newegg.com/lian-li-reservoir/p/2YM-002Y-00001

EKWB Cool stream PE 360mm radiator.  Had 1, now 2 in total.
https://www.amazon.com/EK-Water-Blocks-EK-Coolstream-Classic/dp/B07R44KC2V

Lian-Li Unifans.  Had 4, now 7 in total.
https://www.newegg.com/lian-li-uf-sl120-3b-case-fan/p/1YF-005G-00015

PowerColor Radeon RX 6900 XT Liquid Devil.
https://www.newegg.com/powercolor-radeon-rx-6900-xt-axrx-6900xt-16gbd6-w2dhc-oc/p/N82E16814131778

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 93.0 Firefox 93.0
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2021, 11:22:15 pm »
Man I am envious! That looks sweet and I love the colours  :tup:

So I have been busy doing a few upgrades on my computer and quickly realized the limitations I was running in to with my old Cooler Master HAF-X case.  Where is does boast that it can support "water cooling", I think it was only intended for the use of AIO's.  Or possibly custom loops, but with external pumps and reservoirs.  So out with the old and in with the new.  Below are some images I took after assembly.

So I shopped around for a while and what I wound up getting was as follows.  Note, I payed much less than these prices.  These are only links to what the components are.

Lian-Li 011 Dynamic XL ROG case.
https://www.newegg.com/black-lian-li-o11-dynamic-e-atx-full-tower-case/p/2AM-000Z-00048

Lian-Li 011 Dynamic distro plate with pump.
https://www.newegg.com/lian-li-reservoir/p/2YM-002Y-00001

EKWB Cool stream PE 360mm radiator.  Had 1, now 2 in total.
https://www.amazon.com/EK-Water-Blocks-EK-Coolstream-Classic/dp/B07R44KC2V

Lian-Li Unifans.  Had 4, now 7 in total.
https://www.newegg.com/lian-li-uf-sl120-3b-case-fan/p/1YF-005G-00015

PowerColor Radeon RX 6900 XT Liquid Devil.
https://www.newegg.com/powercolor-radeon-rx-6900-xt-axrx-6900xt-16gbd6-w2dhc-oc/p/N82E16814131778

Offline One Eyed Wonderweasle

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 95.0 Firefox 95.0
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2021, 03:40:40 pm »
 I just got a bit of an upgrade my self. just picked up a Ryzen 9 3900x system cheap. needs a little work but I got it for less than the processor goes for these days. and didn't include a graphics card. the graphics card was about the only missing part besides the fact it had a very under whelming cooler that with fresh thermal paste idles above 60c. first order of business is ordering an overkill cooler to let it run without throttling.

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2021, 05:53:07 pm »
 CinebenchR20 score 7053 (lucky it whipped thru the test, just before it was about to thermal throttle). Just ordered a cooler today, the one that it came with looks like it would have trouble keeping an AM2 Athlon x2 cool.
 Pretty sure it's a good idea that I wait till the cooler gets here before I try any other benchmarks(7167 with the good cooler). I ran PassMark Dec 28th 2022, results
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 03:58:43 pm by One Eyed Wonderweasle »

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2021, 08:19:27 pm »
Those 3900X's are very respectable processors.  But I think they are 125 watt so they need decent cooling.  Those wraith coolers just won't cut with them.  So, what did you settle on for a cooler?

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2021, 09:09:56 pm »
 It's listed as 105 watts but, most bios treat the official specs pretty casually. I went the  Noctua NH-D15S about the biggest coolest running quiet cooler with a design to leave space for your other components. I wanted something to cram as much cooling but not give up ram slots or sound obnoxious. from the reviews I watched, seemed like the best candidate.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #126 on: December 19, 2021, 09:16:12 pm »
I was about to suggest this cooler...

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-RR-212S-20PK-R1-Contact-Silencio/dp/B07H25DYM3

But that Noctua cooler will get the job done in spades.  As long as it fits your case that is.

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2021, 09:38:09 pm »
 No problem in the original Cyberpower case but I haven't switched it over to my CM HAF  XB EVO yet, but I doubt it should be a problem.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 10:29:17 pm by One Eyed Wonderweasle »

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2022, 01:54:53 pm »
Is that a pre-built system Dave?

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2022, 02:55:21 pm »
Is that a pre-built system Dave?

Knowing Dave, probably not. He builds everything himself. But I know his case is really huge.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2022, 03:26:16 pm »
I don't know the specs on that cyberpower case he's using.  I just assumed that it was a pre-built because the PSU has those ugly ketchup and mustard cables.  LOL

Now the cooler master case he was mentioning is an enclosed test bench style case.  Cool looking design.  But if memory serves me right, it had bad reviews for clearance issues and lack luster cooling potential.

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 96.0 Firefox 96.0
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2022, 04:47:56 am »
 you might want to refresh your memory on the case review , most reviews I've seen have it as one of the top case designs but some I 'm sure would argue. I don't think I've had a component hit over 80 c in it since I've owned it new. no water cooling was ever used. and I'm pretty sure when that AMD motherboard is in it. it's going to have better cooling than the Cyberpower
case it was bought in. let alone the cooler i bought is more than capable of cooling that beast and pretty sure if my corsair TX 750 can't  handle the power with my MSI X gamer  GTX 1060 (I know you have a better Video card than me) than I have a 1000w X3 Ultra not really planning on using the 650w gold rated PS it came with. you can smirk about my  ketchup and mustard cables all you want while I got got a system that could pretty much fight neck to neck with yours minus the video cards. for $500 Canadian.
 Here's the rating of my case on newegg 5/5 stars and 8664 reviews. Yeah must be a really shit case, right. tried to just stick to major names in the reviews

https://www.newegg.ca/black-cooler-master-haf-series-atx-desktop/p/N82E16811119265

« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 04:51:57 am by One Eyed Wonderweasle »

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2022, 07:17:52 pm »
you might want to refresh your memory on the case review.  most reviews I've seen have it as one of the top case designs but some I 'm sure would argue. I don't think I've had a component hit over 80 c in it since I've owned it new. no water cooling was ever used. and I'm pretty sure when that AMD motherboard is in it. it's going to have better cooling than the Cyberpower case it was bought in. let alone the cooler I bought is more than capable of cooling that beast.

The reviews I remember were from Linus Tech, Gamers Nexus, Jayz2cents and a few others.  And to be fair, it was toward the original design of that case.  Yours is I think the 3rd generation of it?  Plus, a lot has changed technology wise since its original conception.  So, I'm sure they solved some issues with it by now.  But back then, most reviews were about issues with tall tower coolers and very large graphics cards getting very close to or interfering with the top mounted 200mm fan.  Also lacked room for custom water-cooling loops.   

and pretty sure if my corsair TX 750 can't handle the power with my MSI X gamer  GTX 1060 (I know you have a better Video card than me) than I have a 1000w X3 Ultra not really planning on using the 650w gold rated PS it came with. you can smirk about my ketchup and mustard cables all you want while I got a system that could pretty much fight neck to neck with yours minus the video cards. for $500 Canadian.

Dave.  I never said that you have a crappy computer or anything like that.  In fact, your CPU is as good, if not, better than mine.  I only poked a little at your PSU cables.  I'm sorry if I insulted you.

Here's the rating of my case on newegg 5/5 stars and 8664 reviews. Yeah, must be a real shit case, right.  tried to just stick to major names in the reviews.

Ok. Again, my comment about that cases review was based on the original design of it.  In fact, I was seriously thinking about getting one myself.  But the HAF X peaked my interest more.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 07:59:05 pm by Sandman[SA] »

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 96.0 Firefox 96.0
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2022, 10:07:43 am »
 I haven't been getting much sleep for the last week or two. probably just me being cranky. I Don't think there weren't any other revisions of the haf evo xb, though there were multiple different cases in Cooler Master's Haf series of cases (pretty sure this model was the only one with the horizontal motherboard layout). 200 mm fan wasn't sold with the case I think it was a special order part.
 And from what little sense I can make out of Cyberpower's serial numbers. I think someone changed the platform from Intel to Amd before it got to me. I don't think I was able to find anything close to it's model code that had that motherboard and CPU, anything close came up Intel based.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 02:25:28 pm by One Eyed Wonderweasle »

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 100.0 Firefox 100.0
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2022, 02:26:07 pm »
 Oh yeah, I guess this could go under this topic. I just got a Oculus Rift CV1 with touch in good condition. so if you Know of any good games to try, let me know.

Server Admins  |  General Category  |  Geek / Games Discussion  |  Bragging rights. Let's see what you got.

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Copyright © 2000-2024 Server Admins All Rights Reserved.
Page created in 3.843 seconds with 17 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx