gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
2976 Posts in 217 Topics by 29 Members - Latest Member: Frosty[SA] March 28, 2024, 09:57:31 am
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | Site | gfx
gfx
Server Admins  |  Server Issues  |  Server Announcments  |  Our own 7 Days 2 Die server
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Our own 7 Days 2 Die server  (Read 5722 times)

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge
    • The Server Admins
Re: Our own 7 Days 2 Die server
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2022, 08:32:44 pm »
As of today, the 7D2D server got a fresh map reset.  No new mods but several new POI's.  Most have been altered from the downloadable originals.  Including a military base where I did include the original and modified versions.  And there is a huge mall to explore.  Also, it's a bigger environment now too.  Went from 6k to 8k.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2023, 11:12:08 pm »
I did a few more small changes to the furious turret lineup.  Each exotic turret will now require that specific weapon schematic in order to craft it.  Also made some other adjustments to them.  Damage output, repair cost, craft cost, economic value, fire rate and so on.  And lastly.  A new 44 magnum turret that's been added to the lineup.  But is still a work in progress.  It's a little bit stronger than a basic SMG turret and has a little more craft cost, repair cost and range as well.  If you have a pile of cash burning holes in your pockets, all of these turrets will be randomly available for purchase from any trader's secret stash.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2023, 11:09:17 pm »
I've been working feverishly on what I have in store for the next 7d2d server reset.  I've got a couple more custom POIs.  Including a fairly large welcome center that houses 5 traders inside of a moat style base.  It's unprotected so you can do what you please there.  Also, no hope mall is back and better than ever!  Many previous custom POIs have some small reworks like growing gardens and working (not broken) workstations and lights are turned on.  Only a bit on the dim side so it's not blinding during the day.  I'm not sure if this is going to work as planned, but all traders should be getting a similar treatment.  Minus the growing gardens.  Those places are protected and you wouldn't be able to harvest them without a modded lawn tractor.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2023, 11:34:59 pm »
A fresh map has been started and the mod pack has some updates.  Some plugins have reworks.  And a couple of new QoL mods added.  Namely a lock pick mod and a couple of new foods.  Also, 2 new big POI's. A moat style welcome center with 5 traders inside (NOT PROTECTED) and No Hope Mall makes a return.  Not to be confused with the dod mall.  Other POI's had some noticeable changes.  Mostly growing gardens, lighting changes and general repairs.  The biggest of the POI changes are the traders.  All 6 of them.  Including The Mechanic.  They all got (let's just say) a major overhaul.  The Mechanic now has a large garage door.  Other things like every trader now has fully functional work stations.  All new lighting.  All new shelving and counters, and they are all lootable.  And some other noticeable changes around their bases.

Edit:  Sorry about the confusion.  I thought I had uploaded the final reworks of all the traders to the server, but I missed 1.  Trader Rekt only has the work in progress version.  Maybe I will reset the world again if no one joins by tomorrow so it has the final version.  We will see.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 09:39:50 pm by Sandman[SA] »

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2023, 09:42:46 pm »
If anyone want's to come and look around at the work that I put into the server, now is the time.  A21 is coming soon and it will all be gone when the update drops in a week or so.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 113.0 Firefox 113.0
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2023, 10:37:57 pm »
If anyone want's to come and look around at the work that I put into the server, now is the time.  A21 is coming soon and it will all be gone when the update drops in a week or so.

So has A21 come out yet? Should I wait until after Dave does my upgrade? I contemplated about heading in tonight out of curiosity but .. I don't know how long I could really stay in for anyway with having to be up for 9am Sunday. 

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2023, 01:45:33 am »
Alpha 21 hasn't dropped yet.  I suppose they are still working out some issues with it.

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2023, 08:44:18 pm »
Just a heads up.  The 7d2d server is down until farther notice.  I had accidently hit the reset button while it was running.  And now, it simply won't load into windows.  It stalls on the windows logo screen.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Opera 98.0.0.0 Opera 98.0.0.0
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2023, 09:19:37 pm »
Just a heads up.  The 7d2d server is down until farther notice.  I had accidently hit the reset button while it was running.  And now, it simply won't load into windows.  It stalls on the windows logo screen.

Just when I had the time to jump in too ... Oh well ... my mom will be calling anyway ... guess I can just .. do that.

So what is your ETA on a fix?

My ex Steve currently is playing 7DTD but I wanted to play with you as you are nicer and your server I already know. :P

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2023, 09:30:36 pm »
I'm not certain.  The computer is pretty old now and it has been struggling to keep up with the demands I place on it.  So it might just be that time where I break down and build a cheapish modern system that can keep up.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Opera 98.0.0.0 Opera 98.0.0.0
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2023, 09:32:24 pm »
I'm not certain.  The computer is pretty old now and it has been struggling to keep up with the demands I place on it.  So it might just be that time where I break down and build a cheapish modern system that can keep up.

OKay I understand. Well, keep me updated

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2023, 09:06:11 pm »
So, I was unsuccessful in getting the 7d2d server PC to boot back into windows 7.  I tried swapping everything but the mainboard, nothing seemed to work.  Even with a fresh install of windows 10 on a new SSD, it would lockup 2 minutes after windows loaded.  So, I went ahead and spent a good bit of money to build a brand new server PC. 

So here are the specs...

Intel Core I7 13700K
Asus Prime Z790-P Wifi
64gb G-Skill Ripjaws S5 DDR5-6000 (4x16)
ASRock Challenger Pro AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT
Samsung 980 Pro NVMe PCIe 4.0 1Tb
DeepCool AK620 tower cooler
Lian-Li Lancool 216 case
Windows 10 pro 
(I did get a copy of windows 11 pro with this package, but I don't like it.  So I won't be using it any more.)

The system is built and up and running.  I just have a ton of updates and such to do to get it up to speed.  Then the tedious task of getting everything moved over to it and getting it all working.

EDIT:  The 7D2D server is restored.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 12:28:34 am by Sandman[SA] »

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Opera 99.0.0.0 Opera 99.0.0.0
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2023, 07:51:27 am »
Woohoo!! I remember you telling me about this when you called!! :)

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • The Server Admins
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2023, 10:20:00 pm »
Woohoo!! I remember you telling me about this when you called!! :)

I did, didn't I?

So, 7D2D has updated to A21 with a huge list of new changes to the core of the game.  Most are subtle to notice.  But they even made a huge assortment of new POI's.  Including all 5 trader bases are brand new.  I've made some mild changes to them on my server.  I've spent weeks porting old mods, trying out new mods and rebuilding custom POI's, trying to get the server back to the way it was before.  And it's almost there.  I've been play testing it for a while now, trying to sort out as many bugs as I can.  So if anyone is willing to come play, pay attention to the mod pack date as I have been updating it frequently.

Offline KT 💣 KλBoƠM

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔 🤦🏽‍♀️ 💣 💥
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Opera 99.0.0.0 Opera 99.0.0.0
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2023, 02:08:12 pm »
Okay the way I figure things, after Uncle Alfred is moved to his new apartment on Aug 1st my mom will have less to do over there and once I have the 2014 CRV instead of my 2005 Pontiac that will be one less thing to worry about and I want to get Dave to upgrade by PC finally for August. That is my plan anyway. Been long enough but I have been awfully busy.

Point being I hope to be playing 7DTD on your server within the next 2 weeks.

Server Admins  |  Server Issues  |  Server Announcments  |  Our own 7 Days 2 Die server

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Copyright © 2000-2024 Server Admins All Rights Reserved.
Page created in 0.25 seconds with 16 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx