gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
1827 Posts in 151 Topics by 25 Members - Latest Member: Shawn_KTs_Lil_Bro November 16, 2018, 07:47:29 am
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | Site | gfx
gfx
Server Admins  |  General Category  |  News  |  New forums. New features.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New forums. New features.  (Read 1458 times)

Offline [IA] KT KaBo0M

• Security
  • Spam Fighter
  • 💔
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 29.0.1547.57 Chrome 29.0.1547.57
Re: New forums. New features.
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 12:33:17 pm »
Yeah supposedly it is more secure. When Wedge comes out however I want to check it out. Some inside information I let you in on before was that most of the top SMF people who made SMF as good and secure as they have thus for all went over to Wedge due to a disagreement within the SMF upper staff on the direction of the forums. The security people I know who moved to Wedge wanted to make the forums more secure and have many of the most used and best security mods as part of the forums but not all agreed with that path. I don't know all the details since it has been awhile since this discussion happened over there so I might not have all my facts right. This is why I am being so vague.

As for the Arcade, I am not too worried about that since that was more of a novelty thing rather than a necessity.  And since I can't seem to find the perfect theme for 2.0 I am thinking I will stick with 1.0 for now. There are a lot of gaming themes but when it comes to medical sites .. there really aren't any themes for that..

Sand, will you be putting your forums connecting to the server-admins.com domain name or are you dropping payments for that?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:05:38 pm by [IA] KT KaBo0M »
DESKTOP - Main Rig:   Passmark & Mobo  (Manual) &  my Speccy (Video card is Radeon HD 6970) & 8Gb DDR2 RAM
NETBOOK: PC: Acer Aspire ONE (D250 10.1")    //   CPU: Intel® Atom CPU N270  @ 1.60GHz   RAM: 2.0 GB DDR2
 Video Card: Intel® GMA 950 (256Mb)    OS: Windows 7 Starter 32-bit SP1
Say HI on KT`s ShoutBox! / Place a PIN on KT's Map! / KT KaBo0M Vid

Offline Sandman[SA]

• Head Admin
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 10.0 MS Internet Explorer 10.0
    • The Server Admins
Re: New forums. New features.
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 11:57:08 pm »
Sand, will you be putting your forums connecting to the server-admins.com domain name or are you dropping payments for that?

I think that since I have a near static IP now, I may redirect server-admins.com here.  I haven't decided yet because my server is not as secure as it needs to be.

Server Admins  |  General Category  |  News  |  New forums. New features.

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Copyright © 2000-2017 Server Admins All Rights Reserved.
Page created in 0.197 seconds with 18 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx